Did I take too much paracetamol? Will I be okay?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've never taken paracetamol before and i'm kind of terrified.

I took 2 yesterday at around 12:30 am, then about 5 am, then about 12 pm, then about 5:10 pm and now at 1 am today.

Equalling 10 total.

I thought it was fine and didnt think twice before doing it but after seeing how lethal an overdose can be I really wanna know if i'll be safe.

I am 18 years old, turning 19 in about 2 weeks.

Please let me know.

I don't plan on taking any more in the next 24 hours.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dont worry. You have taken 2 tablets over the usual adult maximum dose in 24 hours. You have noticed your mistake and stopped taking them. Drink plenty of water in the next couple of days. Dont take any more for at least 24 hours. 6 is usually the maximum if you are home-dosing.

I am sure you dont need to worry but if you should feel at all unwell and notice yellowish eyes do seek help.However, I repeat...I am sure you will be fine.

• Posted

So I stupidly made the mistake of taking 2 more at about 15:30 today as I have been in severe pain recently. About 14 hours after last time

I didnt hink much of it but after you said not to take any more is this an issue now?

I also don't know what yellowish eyes look like and can't tell if my eyes look different

I'm freaking out.

• Posted

Oh dear Ashley. You are getting very stressed about this and I am sure you are fine. Just take them sensibly. Yellowish eyes mean the whites of your eyes turn very yellow. I am sure that doesnt apply to you.

I am more concerned as to what this severe pain can be that you are suffering? can you explain?

• Posted

Well i cant tell if i can like slightly see yellow in my eyes or if i'm going crazy trying to look for that.

My ears have been in alot of pain recently and also my hearing has gotten kinda worse, I got some ear spray from a doctor, the pain has definitely gotten better now. But at some points it was so bad I couldn't sleep or do anything because it was just always there.

• Posted

I hope your ear is not so painful now but that sounds like an infection in your ear,maybe behind the eardrum. If it recurs go back to your doctor. Stop worrying about the paracetamol. I am sure you are OK. Just be careful from now on. You may find Ibuprofen better for an ear infection, but always look at the recommended dosage.

• Posted

Yeah the pain has gone, it was just very bad for a few days. Anyways thank you for the help, you have been super nice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.