Did it git bigger?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am32 years old and have been diagnosed with fibroids, endometriosis, and a 3 cm complex ovarian cyst on my left ovary. The ovarian cyst was just diagnosed this past March by ultrasound. However, my doctor did not make mention of having a follow up done. Since March my pain and the

symptoms of the cyst is more now on the regular basis for the past two weeks. I was prescribed

800mg ibuprofen which do helps, however, I can't take the fact of having pressure on my bladder

and rectum. I'm wondering if the cyst grew because the pain and the symptoms happen at least

twice a day. So, I had called the dr.'s office and had set up an appoint in June to see if the cyst

has gotten bigger. But what I'm scared is when my cycle comes in the middle of May is this cyst

going to rupture? And Should I wait until June to see if this cyst is going to dissolve on its own or to see my dr. a lot sooner. What gets me is no matter what time of day or what I'm doing the slightest

movement tends to aggravate the cyst. I can't even walk on a treadmill without having pain two

hours later. Does this means that the cyst got bigger?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Renee I am not sure whether it has got bigger, but I would try and see the doctor earlier. I have some similar symptoms to you and am wondering the same thing. The only thing telling me my cyst has definately got bigger is the size of my stomach. I am going to go back to my doctor to get advice.

I am currenly not exercising though other than light walking as it hurts too much.

The bladder pressure and pressure on my rectum is something I am experiencing too, it's not fun is it?

Can you get an earlier appointment? x x 

• Posted

I'll try.The funny thing is I'm in pain after work. My job isn't physical labor or heavy lifting but it doesn't matter. My doctor is trying to " persereve" my uterus because I have no kids and becuase of my age. There are times when the meds wear off and I find myself taking them again to stay pain free. If I didn't have them....I would be in trouble! sad

• Posted

Same here Renee. I am taking the meds all the time and trying not to become reliant on them. I was actually planning to start a family around May/June time. What a pain!

Keep pushing at them like me as it is not fair to be dosed up on painkillers. I have been on them since October. Annoying isn't it.

• Posted

yes, it is! It's only a matter of time that the body will try to build resistence.

• Posted

Went to the dr's office, she thinks it's my fibroid causing the pressure on the bladder and rectum. She doesn't think a 3cm cyst would cause this much problem ( IF it got bigger). I have an ultrasound in June, from there will see.....chances are I'm looking possibly another surgery.
    • Posted

My cyst was the size of a rugby ball, but I had no pain, no sickness, no pressure on my bladder.

it was laying vertically so maybe it is how they sit? 

Good luck with your scan Renee. 

• Posted

I'm not sure...However, my dr wants another followup ultrasound in August

• Posted

Hi ,after pain starting in  jan  ,struggled till end feb,gave in went docs told it was strain struggled but then admitted to hospital in severe pain end march found 5.8cm cyst on right ovary after ct scan then after ultrasound told it was septated cyst!!sent home told take painkillers !!met gynae doc end April told  me have to wait got have couple periods 1st before next scan,but I was having quicker scan as was in more pain  then usual with cysts and because of its size , told me don't to do any excercise put me on light duties at work (care assistant )as risk of rupturing still in pain !until next scan which had yesterday 23rd may,surprised cyst had gone nurse thinks dissolved in my last period end April. I'm shocked as been so stressed out it glad it's gone!got to see gynae in 3 weeks give me more detailed result from scan etc .if ur pain has got worse please stop excercising and go back as could rupture or gone bigger?maybe push u in quicker for another scan x

• Posted

Lisa, I had quit excersing two months ago ( fear of rupture). I have five days until my ultrasound. My Dr. thinks its my fibroids causing this she thinks a 3cm cyst wouldn't cause about a month and a half of pain. I don't think so. Well, I'll find out who's right next week. My fibroid is located behind my uterus, it's 7cm.
  • Posted

Hello Renee,

I understand where you are coming from, I have a 3.3 cm cyst on my left ovary which I have had it since February. I have had my cycles be more painful them usual which causes a lot of discomfort with the pain.  I was recently back in the ER last saturday with my right abdomen hurting so bad and now I have another cyst but on my right ovary.

My OBGYN has prescibed me 800mgs of Ibuprofen and 7.5mgs of Norco's which I been suffering from pain and the pain meds along with the Ibuprofen doesnt last long like it normally does.  I have a dr's appt to discuss surgery which my he is going to scope with a camera the inside of my ovaries and uterus to see if I have endometriosis, tumors and possible remove the cysts. It is scary to think about the possibilities of anything when it comes to our bodies but if the pains do get worse I would go back in or if you feel entense pain and can barely walk then a cyst has probably ruptured.  Back in 2009 I had a 1.5cm cyst on my left ovary that ruptured and it did A LOT and best thing to do is let someone take you to the ER.

• Posted

Angel3281, have you ever had a tinglinly or a numbness like feeling in your left foot? Becuase lately with my ovarian pain I've had weird feeling sensations assocaited my left foot I'm wondering if a nerve is being affected by this issue.

• Posted

Hi Renee,

I had this - pins and needles in hands and feet. Dr said this was unlikely to be related but I'd never had it pre-cyst and it's gone now post-op! I think my cyst was on a nerve too. It's horrible isn't it??

• Posted

I hope this will give me some relief. My mother started a 10 day greens smoothie dexotx and so I decided to do it with her for support. I'd thought by doing this "detox" if it would aid in my cyst and fibroid issue. So, I'm goign to see what happens thenext time I go for an ultrasound if this stuff works or not. I do plan on to try to go to the gym. The good news is I've been pain free for two weeks now !! smile

• Posted

Hi Renee,

I first started with symptoms back in Feb and ultrasound showed a 8x5x4cm simple fluid cyst. I had keyhole last Monday and it had grown to a round grapefruit 9/10cm diameter cyst, same size as my first in 2012.

My GP had me on tramadol 6-8x50mg, naproxen 2x500mg daily for the pain (plus omeprazole for the nausea and to protect my stomach from the naproxen (like ibuprofen).

The medical advice I've had is 4cm is considered not self-shrinking and thus they will offer surgery, whereas under 4cm *may* reduce itself, but may also grow rolleyes

Regarding rupturing, I'd just avoid sudden movement or anything that causes more pain - gentle exercise will be beneficial if you can do it without pain. I'm not sure if rupturing is more likely at certain times of your cycle though? I thought it could happen anytime (just what you wanted to here, sorry!) - best to try and think it *won't* happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.