Did my testosterone level increase?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Patient community!

I am entirely new here and I wasn't sure where to ask this question.

I don't take steroids or supplements but since my question is about testosterone, I thought it might be the most fitting place of the forum.

I often read that the testosterone level mostly starts dropping during the 20ies but I experience something else which is also entirely new to me.

Since many years I've been suffering from pretty heavy depressive episodes and I have a feeling that my testosterone level was suffering from it as well.

Now after those many years I feel much better for the first time and I experience a quite significant change in my body.

I started working out and besides of increasing mood, I grow more body hair. I never had arm hair or much hair on my chest but suddenly (within only a few months) I experience stronger hair growth on my arms and a significantly increased hair growth on my chest. Also my body fat and lower belly fat seems to burn much easier than before.

Is it possible that this phenomenon is directly linked to my testosterone level? Also.. is ist possible that my testosterone level was very low due to my depression and recovers now since my mental health is increasing?

I am very curious about this all.

Thank you very much!

-M

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think this discussion board is about corticosteroids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.