Did oxytocin (love, bonding hormone) replacement work for you?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My wife's oxytocin levels are non-existent and need to be replaced asap! Oxytocin is the hormone responsible for love, bonding, and togetherness, and as I understand it, a lack of oxytocin is one of the primary reasons wives with severe menopausal symptoms often cannot stand their husbands, leave them, stay away from them, are hateful to them, etc.... So they are going to try replacing her oxytocin levels with an oxytocin nasal spray. The problem is that the pharmacist says the spray does not work well. i understand that her oxytocin levels should level out as the other hormones are balanced. in the interim, does anyone know how we can go ahead and replace her oxytocin with meds?? Know anything that actually works???

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi, The herbal remedy Macca root is supposed to be good. very cheap on the internet. I started using it, but then got HRT and my problems are solved. Good Luck

• Posted

She is on bio HRT, but we were looking for a supplement, as well. I think this will all improve after they finally get the hormones balanced.

• Edited

maybe you being a bit more caring patient and understanding might help her too eh 😉

• Edited

Uhhhh..... I don't think that is a problem, nor would she say that, but thanks for your comment, even if it was inappropriate.

• Posted

HB - I've read your threads about your wife and would like to offer my input which I must say comes from only the experience that I've had in my marriage of 50+years . My wife and I are both retired from long term professional careers and have experience a lot of the female/ male menopausal issues. The main thing that helped us get through this was a very knowledgeable Doctor on the ageing problems in accordance with our health maintenance .. My wife has been on HRT since her mid 50's and with her treatment , it included testosterone as part of that treatment . That did make a big difference in her life , especially the intimacy in our marriage .. She is now doing BHRT pellet treatment that includes T and has been on pellets for last couple of years .. We have been very happy with this process .. I would suggest you and your wife check out a clinic in your area that provides the Hormone pellet treatment .. Btw I might add that I've been on T treatment for the last 14 years and that has helped me fix my male menopausal also.

I do wish you good luck !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.