did somebody have to re do bunion surgery?

Posted , 6 users are following.

If so, could you share your experiences?  Thank you

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello

I am pretty much redoing surgery October 15, 2015.  My bunionectomy/osteotomy was March 2014. Ever since surgery, I have felt like a bulge coming through in the underneath of the ball of my foot. A whole has rubbed in that area of the insert of my shoes.   My big toe is still numb. This past May I was walking regurlarly across a parking lot and felt a pop and tear, then like my foot was ripping apart.  My middle toes then went side ways towards my big toe.  After going to several Podiatrists,I found out that my middle metatarsals should have been shortened along with my big toe during the bunionectomy.  The shortening of my big toe during the bunionectomy/osteotomy has caused stress on my middle metatarsals due to them now being a lot longer than my big toe. Therefore, causing me stress fractures across my middle metatarsals. Which in turn caused my ligaments to tear and my toes to go sideways.That was the bulge I have felt like was coming through the bottom of my foot I found out that my ligaments tore and that was why my toes all went to the side.So I am going back in October 15 and to have the middle metatarsals that should have been shortened at the first surgery. At the same time the Dr is going into my big toe to clean up scar tissue and other problems. Little to say I am not looking forward to it.  My foot swelled for over a year after surgery and sweated.

So I am going back in October 15 and to have the middle metatarsals shortened, that should have been shortened at the first surgery. At the same time the Dr is going into my big toe to clean up scar tissue and other problems.

• Posted

I am so sorry to know all the pain you have.  Please try to go to a physical therapy in the mean time it helps a little to remove the pain.  Please let me know how it goes.  I am at the begining of start the paper work and authorization of the second surgery.  I am so afraid. 
  • Posted

I had my surgery Jan2014.even though the toe looks good,I am still in a lot of pain. I still cannot wear normal shoes. I cannot bend my foot into any court shoes. I have asked my GP for referral to the foot clinic over 6 weeks now and still waiting. I am a teacher and I am usually in agony by the end of the day.I have put on so much weight because I am unable to do much walking. Anyone had similar experience?

• Posted

Do not wait to be called.  Call them and tell them you are in an agony. 
    • Posted

I agree.  Call and insist or show up in the office if you have been calling and ask to be seen.
    • Posted

Did how can I reply directly to you as you did it before to me?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.