Did the web site interface change again?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Today I notice big change on Patient web site. The usual list of new and unread messages and discussions on the right side of the page is completely gone.  I can only see a list of discussions in the middle of the page, but it is hard to find new posts.  Anyone else has this or is it some incompatibility with new version of Firefox?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

edit: running Firefox version 56.0.2 64bit
  • Posted

Sounds as if it may be the latter Nick - nothing has changed on my notifications list, it is still the star with Notifications & badges to click on for a drop-down menu. I never see the list until I have clicked on it.

• Posted

Nothing changed my end Nick.

About a year ago I tried Firefox but I wasnt clever enough to handle it. 

Good luck. I think we are so lucky to have this forum. Hope you are up and running soon, you don't want to miss anything! Freda

• Posted

I have Mozilla Firefox, and nothing has changed.  It was updated a couple of days ago.  Sorry I have no idea which version is it.   I am running the same version as you 56.0. 64bit.
  • Posted

Oops,  mistake, I did know and went to alter it.

NO B****Y edit button..................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Posted

No change for me.  Although this gives me a chance to say I have not got used to the new look and find it very clinical and uninviting.frown
  • Posted

Sorry guys to bother you, it rectified itself today. I have no idea what was wrong and what fixed it, and I am a computer guy.
    • Posted

Always makes me feel better when the experts don't know either!!!!!!! rolleyes

• Posted

Yonks ago when I worked in the largest Non-director telephone exchange, the engineers always told us, if an electrical item goes wonky, first thing to do is give it a good thump.

It works 95% of the time, something to do with 'dust'.

So next time, a sharp clip around the earhole and tell it to get cracking rolleyes

• Posted

nick67069, welcome to the club, I traveled all over in the Hi-Tech industry. Now my daughter has to show me how to use my cellphone. But I still in there pitching! With a smile.. 🙂

• Posted

lodgerUKNE, may I ask what is a Non-director telephone exchange?

Thanks

• Posted

Sorry for that, I clean forgot I was speaking about things relating to telephones about 40 years ago.

It is too long to explain here.  I clean forgot I was speaking about 40 years ago........put it down to senile decay or some equivalent................so type 'Non Director Telephone Exchange' into your search engine and read it on Wikipedia.

• Posted

lodgerUK NE, check it out, we called that a local tandem office, my last AT&T office was a hybrid, we switch long distance calls for our area exchange for the local company and all calls for the AT&T campus of which we apart. I just had never heard that term before. Learning something new today and that is a good thing. Smiling 🙂

• Posted

Your side of the pond is big, We are small but with 6 high density cities (in those days).

In the run up to STD (Subscriber Trunk Dialling) we had to use Portable Trunk Units.  Ever heard of them.  I have a Cousin in Canada who worked for Bell and did a long stint in the frozen north. Happy memories.

• Posted

Telephones aren't nearly as much fun as they used to be, at least, not as telephones.  Mini computers maybe.  I remember having to phone home from a village (Nova Scotia) to tell my parents I'd arrived, and the exchange I had with the telephone operator was apparently so amusing the adult with me had to leave the room and roar with laughter,  Something to do with a collect call and the fact that my surname was Polish and trying to get them to understand the spelling....   And there were party lines.  We didn't have one of those but a couple of my friends and I figured out how to have three way conversations.  All the teens were doing this (the early 60s) and the telephone company hated it because it tangled up the lines or something.  And if you wanted to call family in the UK for Christmas I think you had to book a time and it cost a fortune

• Posted

No lodgerUKNE, I can not say I heard of them. But in many instances it is just nomenclature the systems were all very much the same. I started working at 17 in 1955, worked for several companies after retiring from AT&T in 1988. A British company, Cable & Wireless, bought one of the companies I work at, but jump and went to work for a Canadian company. I also worked for a German company you might know, Siemens. I left them to join a startup, worse mistake, should have stayed with Siemens. I enjoy working still do, hope to start end of November, with a smile. 🙂

• Posted

26 years for me from Glorious 12th August 1956.  Was the Civil Service  GPO, later privatised and became British Telecom.

I move into a new field after those 26 years and finally ended up with GCA when I was 69 after 9 years of retirement.   So helped start up a charity with 4 other people who met on this site.  The rest is history.

So GCA 5 years and now into remission starting 7th year on 1 Jan 2018.

• Posted

We used to live in Siemens City - Erlangen in Bavaria. Massive English speaking community there at the time - if you didn't work for Siemens, you were with the US Army or at the Uni. All my best mates' husbands worked for Siemens...

• Posted

Something in your device updated itself. twisted
    • Posted

I worked 30 years on switchboards (yes, starting as GPO) can 't recognise "call centres" and definitely what answers them!......shame how things often seem to go backwards....here I go again I must stop moaning.

• Posted

EileenH, I work data communication for public networks. My office and admin were on Boca Raton FL, AT&T Bell Labs was my customer. I was living in Narragansett, RI. One year I had 10 trips to Munich, 2-3 a month to Homdel, NJ, Bell Labs and God knows how many to be FL. Siemens was a great company to work for, but I had no life. I jumped to a start up which was worse. Then another start up, then several months after my 65 birthday I retired. So I spent over 47 years in the communications field. And saw a few changes along the way.

Now I work winters as ski instructor, so once again I am gainfully employed. Erlangen, I never made it there, but I loved Bavaria, but like English beer and Fish and Chips. Oh, Baxter's across the street from Trinity College in Dublin has great F&Cs. I do not remember the name of the Pubs where I had F&C in England.

Sad to say no more F&C for me. SMILING 🙂

• Posted

Our daughter lives in Whitby, Yorkshire. Google it - lovely fishing village originally, still very picturesque and a few boats! They have dozens of F&C shops so when we visit her, it F&C at least one night - especially good since there are a few restaurants that do glutenwheat-free batter so I don't even have to itch!!!!!

• Posted

linfa17563, one of my first job was polishing the cords on the AT&T toll board in Providence, RI. As a kid it was embarrassing to be in the middle of all those young women. SMILING 🙂

• Posted

My husband lived in Providence for a few years as a teenager.  He said they were in a very safe neighbourhood because one of the big criminal kingpins also lived in the area so the lesser crooks behaved themselves there!
    • Posted

Anhaga, Providence was the home to Mafia kingpin for New England, he is dead, his son took over and was in jail the last I knew. Growing up in RI was a very interesting experience, there was a lot of illegal gambling, it was common place. Other forms of illegal activities we're also common. A lot of those illegal activities have been stopped to the best of my knowledge.

Thinking positive and smiling. 🙂

• Posted

I was talking about the mid-50s.  A lot will have changed in the intervening years!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.