Did you see ITV tonight?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Well well,

did you see ITV tonight about the Menapause?

it was o the t.v? 

Was very interesting for those who work for the police anyway? 

Was interesting anyway !!!!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes I saw it - they could have gone a bit more into the symptoms and what we can do to help, but it was good to show it on prime time TV. Wish there was a support group at my work!
    • Posted

I watched it, yes and I agree I thought it was going to inform us about the symptoms and what to do that would help as well
  • Posted

so if it didn't talk about symptoms, what did it show??

• Posted

well, that's really good.  when we go through this there is no way we can function in work and really need time off. it would be good if they recognised this for future.

• Posted

Yes I saw it. Although it showed some insight as to what some of us ladies go through, I was expecting a more in depth discussion. They seemed to skirt around a few of the issues, but I personally have had severe symptoms, finally resulting in being one of those ladies who had to retire early from work (last year when I was 56). I did have additional problems (new plastic knee cap and metal trochlea, the bit that the knee cap runs over), but the menopause symptoms eclipsed all of this. Exactly 12 months ago today I woke up and couldn't get out of bed, my anxiety, panic attacks and nausea were so bad. My doctor recommended that I went on antidepressants, and although I was very, very reluctant I did start them. I must admit that for the first 8 days I wondered what the hell I'd done, I've never felt so ill in my whole life, but after that I started to be "me" again. I've been OK since, although hot flushes are still a pain in the a**e, restless legs are a nuisance and I'm slowly beginning to look like the Michelin man around my stomach. On guidance from my doctor (a lady who is very nice and understanding) I'm going to try and come off the antidepressants slowlyaround March/April time, but I've told her that if the anxiety returns I'm going back on them forever!

I do go out with a group of friends that I've known since school days, and we've all suffered in different ways, but we do talk aboutthe menopause, including very intimate chats about our sex life and suffering vaginal atrophy.....another great joy!

And.....can anyone tell me why yoga seems to be the answer to everything......I've never got the hang of it....but each to their own!

• Posted

Hi Pam, I've now got to that point, it's a battle every day to get out of bed, my works suffering, I have no interest in anything, feel like I'm self destructingnand can't do anything to help myself

• Posted

Hi Shelly, I watched the programme on Thursday night about how the Meno affects woman. I don't understand though why they never seem to find woman who suffer from symptoms that a lot of woman suffer from on this forum

The symptoms I'm referring to are dizziness, balance problems, severe anxiety, severe neck pain, all I ever hear about is hot flushes and sweating which I've never had....I just don't understand it, we talk on here but I've yet to meet anyone who has similar symptoms as I do

Anyone feel the same? Xx

• Posted

Hi, what was the name of the program please Shelly?  I would like to watch it. Thank you
    • Posted

It was a Tonight programme on ITV on thurs evening called The truth about the menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.