Did your anxiety symptoms start after COVID vaccine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I don't have a history of random panic attacks. I just used to have generalized anxiety disorder. After I got the COVID moderna vaccine first dose, then 4 days later, I had a full blown random panic attack while sitting on my couch - NEVER happened before in my life. Then the panic attacks stopped, but breathing problems have continued nonstop. After the second moderna COVID vaccine, got another panic attack. And although I don't get full blown attacks anymore, the breathing problems are still there. Things are getting a little better few weeks later, and with a lot of CBT therapy. I have to say that I'm not afraid of needles, and was not afraid of getting this vaccine at all.

Anyone else get panic attacks or worsening of anxiety symptoms after COVID vaccine?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

To be honest, most of my anxiety symptoms began after my first vaccine. I thought I was having a stroke. Completely numb down one side of my body. Dizzy. Hyperventilating. I keep telling myself that it's because I was extremely anxious about getting it in the first place, but that was the day it all started for me. And six months later, I have debilitating health anxiety—convinced I have some sort of neurological condition or cancer.

• Posted

it’s interesting you mention this because my therapist said he has seen countless patients who say the same thing. very interesting but what a shame people have to go through this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.