Didn't take naltrexone and drank without

Posted , 11 users are following.

Joanna is going to be really angry with me, sorry Joanna. Last night I drank 1 can of fosters and 1 bottle of wine without taking naltrexone. It was a spur of the moment thing. I didn't want to feel rubbish today as I had to be there for my 16 year old son this evening. It was very stupid but I've learnt from it. 

I thought my major depression the next day and hangover were because of the naltrexone but I am wrong. I never used to suffer from a hangover from just drinking the above but now I do. Not sure why it's changed but it has. Woke up today feeling rubbish, in fact if it wasn't for my commitment to see my son this evening I would have drunk this afternoon. I even got the tablet ready about 2 pm and was going to tell my son I couldn't see him. It really was touch and go but I didn't take the pill or let my son down. I am drinking now, having taken the pill at 6, but I didn't give in earlier. Was there for my gorgeous son. 

Sorry im rambling but this experience has proved to me that if I feel rubbish the day after it is the drink not the pill. 

Joanna, will this have set me back? X

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Of course you can do this Paper smile You'll be great !! Stay strong ! We are always here xx

• Posted

Thanks for everyone's kind words last night. Well it's now nearly 5 a.m and I'm still wide awake! Have tried 3 times to sleep including putting lavender oil on pillows, listened to 3 sleep meditation apps and I just can't switch off grrr...so nearly half way through a new book, had banana,Apple and crackers. If anyone has any tips for insomnia for tonight Friday, please let me know! Back to the novel again xx
    • Posted

Valerian, melatonin, those are a couple of popular ones. An ibuprofen or Tylenol might help you drop off as well. Maybe fit in a good workout in the afternoon? 
    • Posted

If they have will you let me know. I've literally not slept a wink for the last three nights. Tonight will be ok as taxi booked for 4.20am to go to airport!
    • Posted

It's rubbish but not as a hangover I always have to remind myself. I was touched by your post on hereditary discussion. Alonangel expressed our empathy for what you have been through. You sound like you have created a wonderful family and all going on hols together, well that's brilliant. Hope you have a lovely week. Relax and enjoy xx
    • Posted

*meant not as bad as a hangover!
    • Posted

Thanks. It's wonderful having a clear head and being sober when packing. This time I've got matching items, all new as I've lost 2 stone since Xmas. Last year, went to Lanzarote and everything was complete chaos, nothing matched, I'd not done washing so had to take some dirty things and wash them there and forgot any underware, so had to buy out there. Not drinking in the day means scratch cooking, so all healthy food. Had a couple of days when I've drunk late afternoon and evening, but nothing major.

Am looking forward to playing with grandkids, eating out and sensible drinking!

changing the subject, have you started that DWP form yet? You probably already know, but there's a website which takes you through each individual question and suggestions of what to put and what the decision makers are looking for and how to get 15 or more points xx

• Posted

Thanks ADE. Didn't find valarian any good. Now I have got melatonin on list to try when next go to chemist. Never heard of Tylenol so we look in to it. Ta
    • Posted

In the US, the generic name is acetaminophen, maybe it's paracetamol in the UK? Ibuprofen is another, or just plain old asprin, whichever you get along with best. Any of them help me drop off, but it might not keep you asleep. If you fall asleep ok, but wake too easily, then google "slow wave sleep" and you might find some good candidates you can talk with your doctor about. Some find L-Theaninie helpful, but it's not a sure thing for everyone. 

Hope you rest well tonight!

• Posted

my problem is getting off to sleep unfortunately. Will look into L-Theaninie 😀
    • Posted

Panadol Night is out nearest equivalent to Tylenol.
    • Posted

RHGB brings up another good option for getting to sleep, Panadol Night, which is Paracetamol and Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride. If you already have the Paracetamol, you might be able to find the Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride by itself.
  • Posted

Thanks Vickiilou. I have been on that site about ESA and it's very useful. Think RHGB put me on to it so if I've forgotten to thank you during my mini crisis then thank you !!

Well done on being sane and sober for your hols and losing 2 stone...fab!!

Yes remember a few holidays packing in a drunk state and forgetting important stuff,it's insanity !! 

Anyway have a jolly holly !!!! ✈️🌞👙💃🏼xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.