Didn't think I'd lost anything !

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was worried about going to see my nurse for my weigh in as according to my scales (taking into account they weigh more than surgery scales) I weighed more than I did last time :? even though I weighed myself just before I went to see the nurse and have them in the same place!

I went BUT I got a pleasent surprise I lost a Kilo in 2 weeks so it is slowing down but still coming off - Another 1 1/2 lbs and i'll have lost 2 1/2 stone since 13th April! :D I'm trying not to think too far ahead but we are going to meet to meet up with friends in October that we only see once a year so I'm hoping i'll have lost 3 stone by then.

I asked my nurse what she thought I should be aiming for and she said what ever i'm comfortable with. She always encourages me and is very supportive. She thinks I should aim for a BMI between 25-30 (30 being 13 Stone) so i'm a bit confused now :? but will keep plodding on and h :? appy while i'm losing a pound or more a week.

Hope everybody is having a Good Week smile

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

well done, when ive done 'diets' in the past ive lost around the same amount as i have now which is just under a stone and its gone back on, ive never lost more than 2 stone so thats my biggest goal.

i would be so happy to get to where you are, you should be proud.

ive only been on these for 3 weeks but i cant stand the smell or the thought if eating anything fatty, so im hoping that i can change my mind set about the way i eat

xx

• Posted

Well done trying hard! What a pleasant surprise.

I did not see my nurse for 6 weeks as I was away and she went away after. I was off the blues for that time too as I stupidly ran out. Needless to say, I have not been very strict with myself but still trying to be conscious of what I am eating. I saw my nurse on Friday and was pleased that I only put on a pound. Now working really hard to make it up and a bit more!

Keep up the good work!

Regards

• Posted

Thanks for the replies it's support like this that keeps me going and yes I am sooooo... proud of myself, You should both be proud of how well you are doing too We are doing well aren't we ? .

I must admit I have a couple of meals a week off the tablets and am really good the rest of the time.

[b:e177dff75b]lets keep up the good work[/b:e177dff75b].

Enjoy th rest of the weekend.

• Posted

[quote:24ceae24a4=\"trying hard\"]

I asked my nurse what she thought I should be aiming for and she said what ever i'm comfortable with. She always encourages me and is very supportive. She thinks I should aim for a BMI between 25-30 (30 being 13 Stone) so i'm a bit confused now :? but will keep plodding on and h :? appy while i'm losing a pound or more a week.

Hope everybody is having a Good Week smile[/quote:24ceae24a4]

I have found that the recommended weight/bmi is a bit hit and miss. The one's they suggest do not take in to account your body/bone shape. According to the suggested weight I should be aiming at under 9stone (being only 5ft 1\"wink but myself and my nurse both agree that would just not suit me so we have agreed that a more sensible weight for me would be around 9 1/2 stone mark. Personally I don't really want to get fixated on numbers and just go with how I feel and for me just getting into a size 12 and it fit nicely would be good enough.

You are doing really well and you will know when you feel comfortable within yourself.

• Posted

Agree with Suza, just go until u feel comfortable, try not be too worried about BMI etc. Im rather working towards a clothing size, would love to be a size 12 again!

Just need to get my skates on and find the motivation somewhere!!

Well done Suza on 4lb loss, you doing great!

• Posted

Hello. I started on these just over 2 weeks ago and am also following weight watchers.

I am very constipated, does anyone else have that?

I feel the orlistat may even be hindering my weight loss sad

• Posted

Hi healthygerbil

Welcome smile

You have to drink lots of water.

If you are following the weight watchers diet be careful to count the full fat content of anything you eat when working out the amount of fat per meal and total for the day to avoid any side effects.

• Posted

Hi Trying Hard

Thank you for the welcome smile

I don't eat high fat foods as on weight watchers they are very high in points so no accidents for me!

I have my weigh in tonight, hoping for some more marbles for the jar and my 7 sticker :D

• Posted

Hello there.

Just wanted to advise that weight watches point system work on saturated fat and not TOTAL fat. Be carefully as some foods are very deceiving, my be ok in points but the total fat is crazy. You can easily go over your 15g amount by having some of the micro meals and a pud.

When u go shopping, take a bit of extra time to have a look at total fat contents, u would be surprised. Try stick to no more the 5g per 100g.

All the best

Pearl.

• Posted

Hi Pearl Rainbow

Honestly some side effects would be a relief at the moment, I am so constipated!

When I started taking the orlistat 2.5 weeks ago my losses have got a lot smaller!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.