Diet

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have seen many controversial posts about the effect of calcium glucarate in patients with GS, what has been your experience with it or other supplements? My stomach cramps a lot during the day and there is no other explanation than my GS diagnosis, many here suffer as well with ghost symptoms. Also is there an ideal diet to take?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caliborpee

I have do not take supplements so cannot help you. I endeavour to drink as

Much water as possible and limit tea etc. The symptoms for Gilbert's are horrendous

Although some people say that there aren't any! Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and be

Mindful of processed foods. I am always mindful of fats and sugars and how

They make me feel as I find at times not tolerating them. Gilbert's syndrome for me was found

When I was getting tested for other things. Keep yourself as well as you can?

• Posted

I have never found a suppliment that assists in any way.

However some medical research shows that spices and herbs can cause Gilbert's Disease as the liver has to process this type of food additive.

I then stopped eating ALL spices and herbs and my bilirubin level dropped from over 100 down to a near normal 22.

It took about a month for this to work so don't expect overnight changes..!

Nothing to loose and worth a try I would suggest.

• Posted

I got very good result with an aminoacid "l-taurine".

In fact it changed my life. Also, if you live in Italy, the

water of a place called Chianciano. You must drink it

in loco. Since I am a little far, Guatemala, I will continue with Taurine.

Wishes of good health to you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.