Diet after TAH due to endometrial cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear members,

I received a sad shocking news that one of my ex colleague, 35 years old only, passed away today after 2 years battle fighting with endometrial cancer. She is a very strong lady and just had her rounds of radiation last April. I could not believe that she has left this world!

Since I am also endometrial cancer survivor (tah February this year), it really hit me hard. I was not on any medication or undergo any chemo or radiation session after tah as my oncologist deemed it not necessary due to low grade cancer cell @ stage 1. I understand that chances of cancer recurrence is slightly in the 1st 3 years and if possible wish to lower the risk.

For endomentrial cancer members survival out there, please do share with me what is have you done with your lifestyle change, diet and food that we should consume less and what food that we should consume more? What your opinion on white flour and bakeries -- shall we avoid it all together even our daily baked bread from flour? White sugar is definate a no no for us cancer survivor but how about sugar derived from other carbohydrate food such as rice, wheat, rye?

Thanks in advance for your reply and info sharing

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm a survivor of endometrial cancer I had no treatment other than check ups every six months I've not changed my diet because no one told me too only to watch what prosesed food I eat I still eat white bread and sugar and all the normal foods I had my op by keyhole three years ago February next year . Lyn x 

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your reply speedy reply. Yeah, I am relieved reading your reply of no much diet changes other than cutting down on procesed meat. Will keep in mind to cut down on processed meat as well.

• Posted

Hi there, I had stage 1A about 17 months ago now, am having 6 monthly checks for 3 years, I'm vegetarian so reasonably healthy eating, I have cut down my cheese intake, I'm a cheesaholic, I

Have also cut down on bread, I allow myself a couple of slices at the weekend, am not eating much pasta

But if I do it is a carefully measured amount and potatoes are weighed

I have struggled with my weight for many years and at 63 it's no easier, I keep as active as possible, I have 2 big dogs that need plenty of exercise. If I fancy the odd cake or bar of choc then I have it, I wouldn't stick to a diet if these things were out completely.

I am really sorry for the loss of your friend but do keep positive.

Take care

Phoebe x

• Posted

Hi Phoebe,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying hard to find time exerising and to eat more healthy. Being asian, I am trying hard to cut down on rice and white bread consumption by substituting it with fruits and nuts.

Someone shared a document with me on uterine cancer and I would like to share it with you as well. It is from National Cancer Network and all you need is to register to access this information 

Take care and let us fight this cancer well!

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it went to a "Page not found" message. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Im glad your a survivor. Im so sad your friend passed. Prayers👼👼👼

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.