Diet and Diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have yet to hear of any doctor asking about diet for anything but obvious conditions such as obesity, weight loss/gain, diabetes, gout and a few others. Through reading posts on this site for many conditions, it is apparent that many find dietary solutions to their ailments or at least that dietary changes or supplements have improved their wellbeing. Am I being too simplistic to wonder if questions about diet and a blood test for dietary deficienies should be standard practice for GP's? Having had Vit D defciency as a child (in the 1940/50's) with consequent treatment and now living in Scotland with insuffucent sunlight for daily needs, I now take supplements and feel the benefits. Fewer aches and pains and less lethargy. Am I mistaken or is it psychological?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear inquistive,

If it`s pschological, like mind over matter and it obviously works for you then fine

But as an ex Paramedic I would have to say see your Doc, he might have a different oppinion to me.

Good luck and keep thinking.

• Posted

Hi, Thanks for you comment. After many years in Community Heath I've become more and more reluctant to have an ever increasing battery of medication to resolve what could be something that I could manage myself by a less toxic route. Having been on various medications for different ailments, many have produced unpleasant side effects. My GP would then prescribe more lotions, potions and pills to resolve the new symptoms. By better managing my diet and lifestyle I've now managed to reduce my medication to just one (for hypertension). The only reason I also take Vit D is that I have to avoid the sun as I'm rpone to BCC's and get SAD during the Winter here in Scotland. It took a lot of persuation with my GP but he now sees that my persistence has worked (for me at least). Thanks again, Ben
  • Posted

Most doctors and hospitals do not use any common sense either. I was given an appointment to go to a so called nutritionist at a hospital 30 miles away.It would have cost me about £100 to get there and back plus anohter £300 losing a day at work. And anything this person was going to tell me I could look up online in 30 mins

I think you have a good point about your diet and your lack of aches and pains now, and its probably the real thing.

• Posted

For every human life, health and fitness plays a crucial role. A person who is fit is capable of living life to its fullest extent. People who are physically and mentally fit are less prone to medical illnesses as well. Fitness does not only refer to being physically fit, but a person’s mental state is important too. Mental fitness can only be achieved if your body is functioning well. So you can help relax your own mind and eliminate stresses by adhering to a healthy body and mind routine. Becoming physically fit requires a change in life style and modification in human behavior definitely takes time. One has to incorporate a regular exercise routine in your life and also endure healthier eating habits.

http://www.anandakanda.in/Blogs/dirs/

• Posted

Conventional MD's are pretty much useless to me.....I'm so glad I have an integrative MD and I've been taking supplements for 25 yrs when I got so into alternative healing.....check out the alternative med group here...

To wait for docs to address a lot of our issues, could be waiting forever....I'm in the US and we seem to have more access to alternatives and of course I buy all my supps and no govt help there.....J

• Posted

It’s well-obvious that nutrition or proper diet intake or dietary adherence as you may call it; talks to your physical training activities. Whatever your goal may be- gaining muscle/weight, cutting fat/weight or inclination towards toned athletic lean-ness, nutrition and weight training work in sync to derive the desired results. On missing out on any one of these, one can simply foresee a less than optimal or even non-existent results.

For more information 

http://www.anandakanda.in/Blogs/dirs-diet-adherence-solution/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.