Diet and supplements

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am wondering what type of diet is best? I know it should be a healthy diet, but any specific tips would be greatly appreciated. Also I have read that fish oil, vitamin c, magnesium, ginseng, etc are good supplements. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am not sure how helpful they would be, but hoping for any info. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Coconut oil sounds like it is very helpful.
  • Posted

Omega 3 is good for you, and that's for sure (this is found in fish). I hesitate to say this but cod liver oil is really good for you (because it contains Omega 3, but if you cannot take it in liquid form for one reason of another, then capsules are a good alternative.

Eating  vegetables is also very good, and white meat, say from chicken.

If you are particularly interested in taking food supplements then why not go down to your local health food shop and ask for advice? 

• Posted

Thank you. I will do the Omega 3. I don't think I can do the cod liver oil, 😊 but will see about supplements.

It is a good suggestion about the health food store. It is just that there are so many supplements, I don't want to start taking many at once or go overboard...I have read enough about the coconut oil that I think that is a good one to try, and easy to do.

I do appreciate your suggestions. Vegetables and white meat are good places to start. I have been trying to eat more fruit.

• Posted

I spoke to the people who run my local health shop he told me about allicin apparantly lots of people use it who have lung complaints including copd I also take bio Strath to give me that little boost might be worth you reading up on both of them see what you think
  • Posted

Had Hoped For More Replies ,So I`ll Put My Tip Forward. Try A Couple Of Sips Of Cider Vinegar Daily.I Do Agree With Coconut Oil & Omega 3. How Many People Manage 5-a-Day ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.