Diet/Digestion tips for Adults with HSP?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Such a relief to find other adults with this rare condition. I'm 33 and have had it 4 times in 5 years, first time very severely. My main symptom is excruciating stomach pain.

I currently have HSP and noticed that the stomach pain was really bad after I drank smoothies... this happened to me twice. I made it with a probiotic yoghurt which I thought would help. Has anyone found any tips/tricks with food?

I try to stick with soups or things that are easy to digest, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Have you found caffeine/alcohol make a difference too? I'm sort of trying out an acid reflux diet but not sure it makes a difference.

Also how long does yours typically last?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Liz

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Definitely avoid alcohol. It is known to set off the symptoms. I'm at 8/9 years of continuous HSP (but I seem to be an odd case!) I tried to identify other foods that set off the symptoms as I did notice they were variable. However, I haven't found anything consistent apart from alcohol yet. I'd be interested if anyone else does find a link.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.