Skip to content

Henoch-Schonlein Purpura

All discussions in this group

Next
  • amanda67114 1

5 year old diagnosed with HSP

Hey everyone. My 5 year old was just diagnosed with HSN today. I know the Internet is horrible to go to but I'm at a loss and trying not to freak out. He has had the rash on his legs, just below the knees so far. He's had them for a week now. He started complaining last night that it hurt to walk

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ZBee 2

Henoch Schonlein Purpura in Adults?

Hi, I'm currently a 19 year old female student in my 2nd year of my degree, during March 2012, I was diagnosed with Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) after being sent to hospital with meningitis like symptoms. You can imagine the relief, when I found it it was not in fact meningitis. The symptoms of

106 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • christina01500 1

HSP going on 2 months

My 8 year has been diagnosed with 24th he had strep followed with a red rash covering his lower body, he was misdiagnosed with scarlet fever. Fast forward to now and we are on number 6 with outbreaks and they are getting worst and now they are literally covering his entire lower

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • angeAU 1

Please Help- Severe HSP Rash

Hi All,  My daughter is in her 3rd week of HSP. She had abnormal swelling all over her body so they gave her a course of sterroids for 5 days. She was off the sterroids for 1 day and now she has these massive sections of brusing that are black on the inside which will scab and scar. They are

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • f4rw1d 1

Almost 3-yr old girl with HSP - please help!

Hello all, So, so glad to have found this forum. My almost-3-year-old daughter has been diagnosed with HSP and I'm just trying to research as much as I can to get myself knowledgeable. Her leg pain started 5 days ago. I have a few questions: * She experiences severe headaches in the mornings

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • brittany08747 2

Five year old with hsp

My five year old daughter just got diagnosed with hsp about four weeks ago. It's been a nightmare ever since. Every part of her body has swollen, including her head and spine. She couldn't walk some days because of the pain. Then, one day she started vomiting blood. We rushed her to the ER. They

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • racheltree 1

7 month old baby possible HSP - please help

Hi Ive a 7 month old daughter who last Wednesday suddenly started screaming in pain. It was soon obvious she had severe tummy pain. That night she developed a fever. I took her to the hospital the next morning as she was still screaming in pain, we couldn't even touch her. She was transferred to

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

My daughter is six and has had HSP for 8 weeks. She has ...

My daughter is six and has had HSP for 8 weeks. She has not had any kidney involvement, thankfully, but has had swelling and a rash that just will not quit. I was told that this was a 4-6 week thing and the doctors are very casual about it outside of insisting that her urine be checked. It is very

29 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

IS THERE AN END TO HSP EVEN AFTER ITS GONE???

I am 22 year old female from Ireland.I have been suffering with the horrible disease of HSP for 2 months This is my On the 28TH of February this year I woke up with abdominal pain i thought nothing of it at first but as the day progressed it got worse and worse so bad it was unbearable

27 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jennymoulton197 2
  • danielle43453 2
  • danielle43453 2

Is there anything to help the swelling go down ???

My 8 year old daughter has been diagnosed with hsp. The nurse has told us that her swelling is the worst she has seen in hsp patients. I can't even give her a cuddle at all as the pain is that bad and she is currently using a wheelchair and has not walked for 5 days due to the swelling in her feet

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • samfortune 2

4 year old daughter HSP, please help

Hi. My daughter was diagnosed with HSP on 7th jan 2017. She had a horrible angry rash on her legs and feet so we rushed her to A&E thinking meningitis. We were told after urine tests and blood tests that it was HSP, all very confusing. She had blood in the urine but not visiable to the eye. She

45 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rocky31676 6

Frustration over HSP Diagnosis and Treatment

Has anyone gone to the extent of suing or almost taken action a medical clinic/hospital/HMO/doctor for mis-diagnosis of HSP or no diagnosis of HSP,  with prescribing wrong medicines that did no good, or treatment that was not appropriate for the health condition of HSP. 

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • cameroncunliffe 2

can my hsp return after 10 years?

when I was about 9, I was diagnosed with HSP. im now 19 and im starting to get symptoms again. I'm getting horrible stomach pains like I used too and im starting to get blood in my stool. I dont have a rash, but I only got the rash one time when I was younger. within the 10 years I havent had much

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shreesa21736 2
  • annabel46039 2
  • mary55774 1
  • Cinders68 2
  • becky40790 2

Daughter off Prednisolone but still has over exhaustion

Hi, my daughter is five , and was on Prednisolone for almost seven months. Though the time frame was only a few months originally, trying to get her wean off without causing withdraws was not as easy as they thought it would be. Her last dose was on 01/13/17, but it seems likes she's still

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Magstah 2

Creams to help the rash go down?

Has anyone used a cream/gel which has helped take the rash away? I have a bad bout of HSP at the moment. Antibiotics prescribed by my GP have helped clear up the fever I was experiencing, but my right leg is still very swollen and red. I can't get a shoe on it currently. Also, does anyone have any

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jota42651 1

hsp

My son was diagnosed last june. Still, he complains of tummy and joint pain. We have been back to the gp, had more bloods, which were all clear thank god. He doesn have protein in his urine, and his bp has been stable. But, how long will the symptoms go on for. We manage it with paracetamol, but

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • arnie66 2

Any tips to manage Abdominal pain & Joint pain from HSP

Hi,    My 11 yr old daughter has had HSP for around 2 months now. Most of her rash and other symptoms have now receded but she still has bad abdominal pain and a little joint pain. I'm trying to check whether there are any ways to alleviate the pain for these symptoms or if anyone has any tips to

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

HSP

Hi I've had this disease for five years now without any complications or any problems. I read that you msy have this disease for several But the the only problem i have had is the fact that you can't go outside with a t-shirt because of how your skin looks like. Also i was sent ti a

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • arnie66 2

HSP - How long before the joint pain goes away ?

My 11 yr old daughter was diagnosed with HSP around 6 weeks ago.  She had rash on her legs and elbows, vomitting, diarrhea, kidney infection (protein in urine), abdomen pain and join pain. This is her second recurrence as she got HSP once when she was 3 yrs old (though it went away at that time in

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

HSP

I've just found out I have HSP. It's not particularly bothered me, I just had a rash on my legs and it started to spread, some parts were quite tender and sore - they felt like bruises, so I went the hospital got a blood test and found out I have HSP. I didn't get anything to treat it and it should \"

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

SHANNON WYNNE AGE 9 i have had HSP for the last 6 week...

SHANNON WYNNE AGE 9 i have had HSP for the last 6 weeks. my rash is very severe,im in a lot of pain with my feet often swell up leaving me unable to walk.i also suffer from bad headaches and stomach leaves me feeling very tired and down in the dumps. just as i start to feel

• Guest M

My Husband aged 38 had his first episode of HSP in Aug 2...

My Husband aged 38 had his first episode of HSP in Aug 2005, accompanied by bright red purpura on his legs and thighs and abdominal cramps and knee joint pain. We were ignorant at the time ,however we thought it was a form of allergy. However after extensive tests, there was no indication of renal involvement,...

• Guest M

One of the patients who were admitted in our hospital pr...

One of the patients who were admitted in our hospital presented by hematemesis , acute renal failure and rash. the patient did not improve except after 3 cessions of haemodialysis + pulse steriod therapy This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience

• Guest M

I am a 53 year old male,in 1967 at the age of 14 i was d...

I am a 53 year old male,in 1967 at the age of 14 i was diagnosed with Henoch-Schönlein syndrome i spent 3 months in hospital and was extremely ill. I still bear the scars of the illness on my joints. Just prior to the illness i was taking a course of penecillin and the doctor at the time thought

• Guest M

I HAD HSP WHEN I WAS 18 YEARS OF AGE. THE HOSPITAL ORIGI...

I HAD HSP WHEN I WAS 18 YEARS OF AGE. THE HOSPITAL ORIGINALLY THOUGHT IT WAS MENINGITIS BUT WAS SAY THERE ARE NOT ANY LONG TERM EFFECTS BUT I HAD SUCH A SEVERE CASE OF HSP THAT THE RASH BLISTERED AND THEN BURST OPEN. WHEN IT BURST IT WENT SO DEEP THAT IT HAS LEFT ME WITH SEVERE SCARRING TO

• Guest M

My daughter recovered from HSP after steroid treatment a...

My daughter recovered from HSP after steroid treatment approx 3 weeks ago. But yesterday it began to reoccur again. The first time she had it she had much swelling in her joints and could not walk very well. After several days with her feet raised above her heart it got better. I am worried

• Guest M
  • Guest M

How Can U Just Catch It???!!!

I was directed to this website beleiving i may have found help or further information to my problem. Now I have had this all my life i am 22 years old now, Sorry if i sound rude but How can you possibly say you just woke up 1 day and caught it like it is some kind of disease caught by breathing or something,...

• Guest M

SCARED TO DEATH!

HELLO, MY NAME IS MARY, I AM FROM PORT HUENEME,CALIFORNIA. I HAD EXPIERIENCED HENOCH-SCHONLIEN PUPURA WHEN I WAS 17! ONE DAY I HAS REALIZED I HAD A WIERD RASH ON MY LEGS AND I THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO SHAVING ! THE NEXT DAY IT GOT WORSE,SO I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND SHE TOLD ME IT WAS IRRITATION FROM

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions