HSP 16 year old

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive had hsp for 10 months now im due to get a kidney biopsy on wednesday, my kidneys have been affected and doctor said i will need to be on steroids has anyone had steroids for hsp does it help and will it help the rash go away also is it possible for the rash to go but still have hsp because its really getting me down everyone says its not the rash there bothered about only the kidneys but being a teenagers with a rash like this is horrible and i honestly would prefer to have hsp me whole life then the rash on me lol

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi, i was diagnosed with hsp when i was 16 as well im sorry to hear youre having an awful time! i know everyone worries about the kidneys and rightly so but i also remember how sad and self concious i was about the rash because it was everywhere! I used this stuff called cetraben, you can get it dead cheap it boots and i mean i was going through tubs and tubs of it and my scars are all cleared up, you can only see the purple when its cold but thats what fake tan is for! dont wear anything too tight cos that will irritate it more! also, calamine lotion for when youre at home, it stops the itching and swelling for a little while. The steroids are awful but they help! youll get there eventually, it gets easier to cope with xxx

• Posted

thankyou, how long did your hsp last for the doctors told me a few weeks but its been going on for 10 months and ive missed out on parties with my mates and festivals because if i do to much it flares up bad feels like my life isnt mine av always got appointments or staying in i could tell the doctors more about hsp then they could they no nothing about it only what they have heard and what did the steroids do to you xxx

• Posted

if you want anymore advice/info/support, drop me a message x

• Posted

You had blood and protein all these 10 months? And no treatment for all these months?

• Posted

the doctors havnt been helpful one bit they told me to wait for it to go by itself but it just hasnt and im getting fed up now as im a really sporty teenager and cant do anything with the rash and ive had blood and protein in urine the whole time

• Posted

I had hsp when i was 15. 3 months in hospital with a stomach surgery due to complications. Steroids helped a lot but pay attention that the most important is what triggered the disease. Get rid of all the bad habits like smoking, drinking, eating unhealthy food etc and you will be ok. Forget about loosing night for a little while and rest most of your time. Unfortunately if you don t do that, the rash will come over and over. Now I m 36 with 2 kids and hsp never came back but I am taking a lot of care with my health. Take care, steroids have also side effects, but the doctors will advise you better.

• Posted

thankyou for your reply i will focus on a more healthy diet from now and will try to stop smoking

• Posted

Thank you for the info. My son who is also 16 has hsp for the last 18 months but with no rash and micro hemaruria. Milder than yours. Ask the doc to put you on an ace inhibitor and take omega 3 supplement.

• Posted

hope your son gets through this soon its a horrible thing to have and has he never had the rash with hsp or did that go if so how long did it take to go am finding it hard atm as its summer and cant wear nothing summery im always covered and feel like the doctors are always palming me of they hardly know anything about hsp it need lookin more into because they dont understand the impact it has on us

• Posted

The good news was that the rash came a faded out within 6 weeks. But the kidneys are still involved with mild micro hemaruria.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.