Recovered almost two years ago, Can I get a Tattoo? Has anyone had issues with tattoos?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 16 (almost 17)

in January 2019 was diagnosed with hsp, i fought hard on prednisone until July of 2019 when i recovered in Hawaii, I've had hardly any symptoms of hsp since i got back. i was told not to use henna or get a tattoo because of my hsp. My doctor moved across the country so i can no longer communicate with her. Because i was in full bloom recovery when she left, i was never established with a doctor who understands hsp. so i guess I'm here asking, since i haven't had a breakout since July 2019, is it safe to get a tattoo in march 2021 after I've turned 18????

also i don't know if this is important but i was diagnosed with epilepsy in march 2020 when i had a grand mal. After having multiple simple partial seizures for a few months(i didn't know they were seizures).

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey girl! i was 18 when i was diagnosed (3 years ago), i was about 2-3 months in "recovery", still had an entire body rash, pain, swelling, off school etc and i got a pretty decent size tattoo on my arm! hsp is not a contagious illness, as long as you yourself take proper procautions youre crystal clear!! also go to a reputable parlour. no sketchy dirt places.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.