Does HSP ever really go away??? Extended .

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have started a new discussion here with a same title which already exists. Since that discussion has been closed and i wanted to comment with my experience on same issue. So its an extended version to

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/does-hsp-ever-really-go-away--638029

My daughter is suffering with this disease. It happened four months from now when she suffered with Diarrhea. She got hospitalized and Diarrhea was treated well. But know one knew that it developed into UTI.

Urinary Track Infection disturbed immune system and as a result HSP emerged.

We wasted a month time to figure out that the disease is HSP while we were under impression that she is suffering from UTI and is the only cause which was being treated with antibiotics.

When we changed our medical consultant, we heard HSP for the first time which has no direct treatment. However all Lab tests were clear with Kidney ultrasound.

When Urine Culture report examined by consultant, he advised right antibiotic which could bring UT Infection down. After having full course of intravenous antibiotic her HSP start to retreat and she came back to normal condition. Upon Lab tests, blood reports were fine.

After 22 days were passed, HSP emerged again with same symptoms and become intense within 2 days. We consulted same doctor who himself was surprised and asked to Lab test again. However, this time he recommended Oral medicine dosage which were followed accordingly. within next two days HSP started to retreat and symptoms start vanishing.

Now Antibiotic course is underway for next 7 days.

So by now, conclusion in our case is the bacterial infection which has to be killed fully in order to avoid HSP.

We are hoping for the best.

@sophie01167

@harleycw

@MrsBoshell14

@QueenLizard

@melissa19923

@AnotherAccount

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Many doctors have never dealt with HSP and therefore do not know how to recognize the symptoms. I was misdiagnosed time & time again which lost valuable time in treating it. I'm a believer in consulting with childrens hospitals who see it much more often and know how to treat it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.