Diet For DD

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm struggling to find anything to eat that doesn't set my pain off

and as I'm possibly facing surgery I need to build my strength up.

Could anyone give me some meal ideas please ?

I can't tolerate soups, eggs , meat, vegetables.

I'm always hungry and feel weak from lack of nourishment.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda

I'm guessing if you are currently having an attack and are on antibiotics, you are on a liquid only diet with no fibre, until things calm down.  I have meal replacement drinks as they contain all the additional vitamins and minerals you need.  If you can't take dairy, I think you can make them up with things like unsweetened soya, almond or rice milk.  I also had plain yogurt, and steamed white fish.  The other things I could take, like chicken broth or soup, grilled chicken I guess are on the no-no list for you.  Hope you start to feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.