Diets?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone know of any diets or any food they cut out that improved their HS flare ups and symptoms?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi blondie

Please see my post ~4 months ago: (not sure how to create the link)

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/chinese-medicine-helped-me-597346

It involved seeing a really good Chinese doctor (acupuncturist/herbalist) and reverting for a time to a very plain diet.  I saw one while I was in Hong Kong in 2007 and had no success at all, so was at first reluctant to see another until persuaded by a friend who swore by her. I now do also, as I have been free of HS for 9 years apart from a small blemish recently when I saw her and nipped it in the bud.

I sincerely wish you luck

• Posted

Hi do you mind me asking where you saw your Chinese doctor as there are so many it's hard to no who to trust .

• Posted

Yes like any professions or trade, some individuals are better than others.  Now the location of the one I have seen may be a problem for you, depending on which corner of the Earth you reside ... I'm in Melbourne, Australia.  Her name is Sue Li in the suburb of Moorabbin.  However if that is out of the question, I suggest that you ask about for recommendations.  The friend who recommended her to me wasn't Asian, but the Asian friends you trust may be a good place to start.  FYI I didn't find one hit for a review on her on Google, so it can be hard to know.

• Posted

Ahh thanks I'm in the UK so a little far to come .thank you for your information tho .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.