Diets and Nightshades

Posted , 3 users are following.

I see the posts about the diets and eliminating nightshades have been very helpful with many people. I would like to try these but when I look them on the internet it’s all over the place. Some say don’t use this or don’t do this and others are totally different. Is possible that someone has a straight forward list with everything on it about the nightshades and the diet; that would be greatly appreciated!! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So my comment got deleted because it had a link to a blog that had a complete list of the actual nightshades and didn't include any of the false ones that some folks will claim are nightshades. Google Paleo Mom nightshades and you should still be able to get the full list.

• Posted

Hello, the ones that seem to really trigger my flares include: paprika and potatoes. So Paprika is in literally almost everything, from ketchup, mustard, mayo, canned soups, hot dogs, and so much more. I put 2 and 2 together because I went into remission for 9 months, then in August last year I was using paprika for marinades and had a very bad flare up. The one I was not aware of is bell peppers, regular peppers and tomato. I can handle most nightshades but the potatoes and paprika really flare me up. I'm doing an elimination diet. Cut out all yeast, dairy, and nightshades. I'm doing this for 45 days. I am also taking probiotics and a Diatomacrous Earth food grade. I'm 2 weeks into that cleanse. My last flare up healed much quicker eliminating the above foods and doing the cleanse. I would look into both. The cleanse is important for me because of the anti-biotic use. I am doing these things to rebuild my immune system. I would love to send you links of nightshades but it would just be removed.  

• Posted

Thanks and this website has a private message box where you can send those links. If you would be so kind to do that I would be very thankful. Anything would help! Thanks again!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.