Difference between pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with COPD. I also have a lot of DVTs in both legs. My main concern is that if any of the DVTs break off and travel to my lungs how would I be able to tell. I've been to the hospital recently with abscesses and I am constantly asked if there is any change to my breathing. Do I find myself out of breath. The answer is yes but how do I know that it isn't normal for COPD because I haven't had it long enough to know what is normal and what is not.

During the times with the Covid19 being around I obviously don't want to waste the hospital time by going there and finding out that the pain in my chest which is shooting down into my ribcage is normal however if I don't go then I'm risking my life because the DVT could travel round my body and into my heart or lungs.

How do I know the difference.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hopefully they put you on a blood thinner This should protect you from blood clots .But if you feel nervous get to the ER.

• Posted

You will not be wasting anyone's time, you are the kind of patient that needs to be seen. Which anticoagulant are you on? I was diagnosed with PEs a couple of years ago and a couple of the tablets gave me chest pain and breathlessness even worse than the PEs. After trying rivaroxaban and apixaban I was then put on tinzaparin and the side effects pretty much cleared up.

Also, I don't know if you have been recommended vitamin d and b complex, but both would be a good idea with your illnesses.

• Posted

Leebrind44,

If you are worried the best time to go to A & E is now, they are really quite and you will get seen much quicker than normal, as people are staying away. The hospitals are not overworked at present.

• Posted

Pain that travels tends to stem from muscle issues, or mental issues, such as stress, anxiety etc. I think you do need to at least call your GP, and have a consultation with them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.