Differences in medication

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am surprised that so many patients seem to think there is no difference in different manufacturers brands of same medication.All you have to do is look at the lists of inactive ingredients.Yes the main ingredient is the same but the ‘fillers’ vary immensely.If you cannot get the exact brand each time it is a bit of a lottery and you may be sensitive to one or more of the fillers.I very often look on line at each separate added ingredient and scare myself at the results such as when something I was taking was also included in industrial flood cleaner!!

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean,

I totally agree with you, it is frightening what they deem safe to put in our tablets and food. I always go with natural food/supplements where possible.

• Posted

I totally agree 100%! They act like I'm mental for insisting on 1 or 2 brands only. It's really tricky to when you have allergies to some meds and such.

• Posted

The pharmacy think I am mad too, when I refuse generic brands, they are like why they are the same and save money!

I wondered why when I received Mirtazapine they worked well and then they didn't stock so had to take the generic and they didn't work. Go Figure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.