Different types of prolapse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Can anyone tell me if the symptoms for all types of prolapse are the same. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. look on the APOPS website or in the files section on their facebook.group. you'll need to join the group but its brilliant. Lots of info and support. All prolaoses have different symptoms but some may overlap - depends where the bulge in your vagina is x

• Posted

Thank you for that information.  I have made an appointment with my female gp but it 10 days times.  I am going to try and get an earlier one but I have a feeling she may be away next  week and I am not keen on seeing the male gps. It never bothered me  when I was young and during pregnancies but now at age 70 I am a bit more embarrassed, besides my gp knows me well and all the health problems I have and have had during the last 18 months.  If it is confirmed I have a prolapse then I will certainly look at APOPS.  I think I might also have vaginal atrophy because of the discomfort in that area.  I do have low back ache and pelvic soreness but it is hard to say what is causing those symptoms as I have wide spread arthritis and also IBS and Diverticular disease.  I also suffer from anxiety so that does not help matters have had some counselling and due to have some more.
    • Posted

Hi Libralady. If you can just wait until your own GP is available it will be better for you as you obviously trust her. I'm in my 70's too and felt so embarrassed when I had to see a male urogynaecologist the first time. They have seen it all before however and I'm sure it's just routine to them seeing as many women as they do! It's our sensibilities which are upset. wink I have all the problems you have too including diverticular disease and OA. It is hard to tell the difference without a proper examination but the urogynae's know what they are looking for. I had my repairs last May and although it is a long recovery you should notice a difference after with most if not all your problems. Come back and tell us how you get on please. Poll Xrolleyes 

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words.  I will get back to you.  My appointment is Thursday of next week.

Carol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.