difficult eating disorder recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 15 years old and have had an eating disorder for the past 3 years its also caused me depression and its having a huge impact on my life, I was only eating 600-700 calories per day and I weigh just about 7 stone and im 5ft 4, I've been recovering for the past 6/7 months and been eating around 1100-1300 calories per day but its really hard (as I still hate food) and no one seems to understand, I don't seem to be gaining much weight is there any tips or advice on things I can do to gain weight quickly and start to develop into a normal weight person because Its really difficult sad

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Casie, if you are in the uk, you can get "ensure Plus" drinks, for when you dont feel like food. Having battled depression since the loss of my partner for many years, a short while ago, I can vouch for their effectiveness. They're a bit like a shake, but full of vitamins. At my age (76), I can do with all the help i can get.....see if you can get those high-energy drinks, and keep in touch, cheers, Howard.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear about your loss hope your okay! sad thanks so much for the advice do they help to gain weight aswell smile
  • Posted

You are exactly the same as me, I've just turned 16. Your story is exactly the same as mine. You're right, it's so hard. And I don't know about you but I get quite a bit of pressure from my dietician and parents to gain weight. I know they're only worried but I feel like no one understands either, mainly because they aren't you and don't know what's going on inside your head and what you're really thinking. I would say, keep going. You probably feel like you are getting absolutely no where at times, and feel so depressed that you see no point anymore. You can't do it. But honestly you can. It's possible. I always thought it was worse for people our age, cos we have the stress of exams to cope with to, and our school work added with the pressure to "look good" at school like the other girls.. I'm in recovery now, I'm 5"6 and I'm 7 stone 11. It can be done, just don't give and keep fighting it smile feel free to direct message me, I completely understand. I was the same smile
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice glad I'm not the only one going through this I do get a lot pressure from my patents too but they don't understand, got GCSE'S coming up in may and its adding to the stress hate being this age.. and you feel like you don't fit in sad seems like I've been in recovery forever hoping it won't take long to recover, I'm still trying to fight it just hoping I'll be normal soon, thanks so much for the help smile glad someone else understands :D
    • Posted

Yeah, gcse's are stressful aha. I'm doing mine at the moment. Feel free to direct message me anytime you want :D x
    • Posted

Same aha hate school, not quite sure how to direct message on here haha rolleyes smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.