Difficult to say Anxiety issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, this is my first time ever on a discussion board relating to anxiety issues I have been having but I needed to get out and say how I felt and if anyone is going through anything similar. I'm tall, smart, and do really well in public places (for the most part). When I'm in a weird position however, I.e., first date, first day of school, etc., I get these feelings of tension and everything begins to seem really loud to me even the lightest sound such as the ticking from a clock (I flinch when I hear these things) I know it is so weird. Everything seems to bother me and my doctors have said it could be related to how I used to be addicted to Xanax and coming off of it has made my mind kind of unbalance but that is not even the beginning to what I am about to tell you. Whenever I'm watching Television I get extremely paranoid and this is going to sound really weird but when the lights flicker on the screen or if a camera angle changes and the camera flicks to another scene it scares me. Maybe not knowing what is going to happen next could be triggering me to flinch and what not and I can not except the fact that I'm scared of this so that makes it even worse. Everything seems to scare me and make me flinch. My reactions to certain thing make me heat up and sweat profusely and can not control my breathing or anything at all. It has been haunting me like this for the last 2 years. So I was in a lawsuit with all my money tied up in it for my company and I was broke for those 5 years after being rich basically my whole life but I did get through the lawsuit that lasted five years and it turned out very well for me but the anxiety has stuck to me like quick sand and I can't seem to bounce back. Please does anyone have problems with the tv and the sounds and light changes it makes, or whenever the camera angle switches and it flashes to a new scene? (I flinch at everything and I can't even talk after I watch a movie I'm so shook up from this problem. It is so weird!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is just symptoms of extreme anxiety which I have had in the past and am now again having due to getting off Paxil.

It does sound weird but I have even hillucinated from anxiety.

• Posted

Definitely anxiety. Remember the feeling will pass, do something to take ur mind off the TV when it happens. Remind yourself your safe on the couch or something. Focus on your breathing, remember to take deep breaths and fill up your stomach when you inhale.
  • Posted

It doesn't matter how your anxiety is triggered, that's irrelevant to any one else. The fact is, it triggers you and you know it's not quite normal to feel this way about the scenes changing on the tv. It is just anxiety and your brain is now conditioned to thinking there is some kind of threat to you and that is why you having extreme reactions. I personally think you need to see the GP and get a referal for CBT, it is very helpful
  • Posted

I also get this and it is a symptom of anxiety. You are very hypersensitive with anxiety but as it is treated..the symptoms lessen. I am very jumpy and bright lights sometimes seem as if they are too bright and the TV often gets on my nerves.

Is it a possibility that you can expose yourself to these things gently while telling yourself that the feelings and sensations are just anxiety.

Maybe watch tv but try some breathing techniques and while doing it tell yourself you are fine,the things you are experiencing are anxiety,the thoughts you are having are anxious thoughts and can not harm you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.