Difficultly described problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, i am 27 years old & on the odd occasion i suffer with what i can only describe as restless legs but in my body, mainly my chest/stomach area. I'm finding it hard to explain, its like a very uncomfortable sensation where i need to tense my muscles & let go. it doesnt hurt it's just very uncomfortable & irritating. it occurs more in the evening. i am awaiting surgery in 2 weeks so i cant excercise, i only take citalopram 40mg daily & tramadol for pain relief but have been for a while now. i feel i am in a flair up of this restless body & it's really bothering me & effecting my sleep.

please can someone offer me some help or at least tell me what it is?!

thank you

nicola

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Dear Nicola,

I am sorry to hear of your problem.

Before taking any new drug you must alert your physician(s) in case they would prefer you did not start a new medication ahead of surgery.

That said, recently I had pain in my "restless" legs and no GP could assist.

I looked into the matter, found a drug that has helped over 60% of patients with similar

pain, found a GP to prescribe it and it GOT RID of the pain and made sleeping better 😃

The medication is LYRICA. I suggest you start with 75 mg 30 mins before the pain usually arrives. In my case I take it at 23:30 and I am in bed at midnight when the pain comes.

It works to calm the nerves and in my case worked outstandingly

Hopefully for you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.