Difficulty Breathing, etc. I dont know whats happening to me. Im scared.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 15 years old, but many things happened to me until now.. I can't breathe like almost everyday. I can't sleep everyday, because I have only 6-7 sleep hours every night. I always have a high blood pressure every time I freak out. I am scared that I'm going to having a heart attack or stroke. I feel chest pain sometimes. And I lose my appetite every night. I don't know what's wrong with me. I always freak out every time I feel these. My feet and arms sometimes feel numb and tired. I'm scared that I'm going to die early. I have many things to accomplish. Is it bad? Need your help because I am suffering for almost 2 months.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi you don't say what your GP has told you anything ,if you haven't seen a GP maybe you should,you could be having panic attacks ,,,,I suggest you see your doctor ,
  • Posted

Hi Pat.  I think you should see a pulmonolgist.  It could be panic attacks but a lot of lung disease can make you feel like your having a panic attack and in fact it's your lungs and of couse if you can't breathe it does cause panic.  Are your parents willing to take you to see a specilist.   Please go have a good check up with a good pulmonary Dr. and go from there.  Its hard to say what you have going on without someone checking you out.  The reason I say pulmonary is because a regular GP most of the time won't pick up on lung disease.  I had a very rare lung disease and almost died because the GP's in town keep saying it's just panic attacks and all in your head when it couldn't have been further from the truth.  Are you having fevers or night sweats with all of this??  Weight loss, coughing.  I wish you the best what part of the country do you live in.  I am a patient advocate for lung disease and can help you find a good Dr. if you need help just let me know.  Prayers for you hang in there.
    • Posted

I have a question. What is a GP? I checked up before and they said it's just anxiety/panic attack which cause high blood. I had cough but it's now not that severe. The doctors also said that I should relax, but even though I try, I still can't breathe. I lose weight, from 60+ kg to 50+ because of my loss of appetite. I sweat, but it's just because of the anxiety and warm place. Iam from the Philippines. Never had a check up with a pulmonologist. Ill do it. Sometimes I had a headache or pumping in my head like a loud pump, but I think it's just a lack of sleep. I am starting to think if it's impossible. I'm starting to lose hope. sad
    • Posted

Hello again. My name is Elizabeth. Try not to loose hope. A GP is a general practioner a general Dr. If you go to a pulmonolgist make sure they do a CT scan just a regular chest c-ray misses 80% of all lung infections. Hopefully they will also do a sputum culture. If your lungs check out good. Go from there and see a good internal med Dr. Do you have a lot of stress in your life other than what you have going on medically?? Let me know what hapoens.
  • Posted

Hi Pat, have you had a blood test? Did your dr check your thyroid levels are normal? Did they check your iron levels for anaemia?

Or do you only have the anxiety, chest pain and loss of appetite in stressful situations? Or is it constant?

Also, the cough you mention, have you recently gotten over a cold, or do you just cough when you get stressed? Do you cough at night, or in particular places like outside near a field etc, it could be an allergy, or it could be asthma (or it could just be a cough) - the dr can ask you to blow into a peak flow meter which just measures your lung capacity - it's a harmless quick test. If you feel like your dr didn't take you seriously, you can try again, or ask the dr receptionist for a different dr?

• Posted

I had a blood test and it's normal. Haven't checked my thyroid levels yet. Also, I haven't check my iron levels too. I recently got a cold. I cough all the time. But I cough like unstoppable when I wake up or night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.