difficulty breathing...feels like tight band under breasts.

Posted , 3 users are following.

4yrs. never goes away. only pressure changes. torso feels like in a vice. i do have copd but ct's lungs ok. i have hiatal hernia. would that feel like its pushing into lungs? i am very short of breath...(this isnt from copd, its different) . also wondered if you can have gas that long. im 67f b/c i can feel it moving aroiund my organs . when its real hard, i cant even bend over. i have gerd. and ibs. drs say im fine and i cant stand the pain/pressure any more. im at an impasse. anyone anything similar? thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I do not have what you have; I have shortness of breath from my asthma which makes things difficult; I am so sorry to read about all your suffering and I wish you strength to bear this
  • Posted

Same problem and after my 4 years finally connected it to diet. I have a belt of tightness under my boobs which worsens into burning in both stomach and back, lethargy, brain fuzziness and breathlessness.It's like something is stuck behind a dam and it takes a week to go. I was told it was IBS which was rubbish. I also thought I had developed food allergies hence my breathlessness etc but finally realized that wasn't it.The connection is foods which make you constipated even slightly as for example starches. Can't eat potatoes was the clue. If I stick to homemade soups and casseroles I am much better but the tightness at whatever level never goes away. Doctors say you're fine? They should try living with it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.