Difficulty coping with extreme fatigue after day if activity

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am in bed (again), slept most of the day and know I won't sleep until approximately 6 am. Its horrendous. And the depression, anxiety and guilt is so, do bad;

Yesterday I had a wonderful day with my daughter. Even though I was tired - it was the right kind of tiredness . We had lunch out, visited my 3 brothers and then went to the pictures.

My daughter, who is 22 is back from university ( She has just come back from France and is going to Spain in January 2022) for 6 months. This is part of her last yr of her degree ( languages).

My daughter lives with her boyfriend about 50 miles away.

Time with her is so special.

She stayed over with me last night, and this evening she went back to her boyfriends.

I have been in bed all day as mentioned . I really couldn't get out of bed through M.E. I became more depressed and the guilt through not spending time with her today is awful. I really am heartbroken and feel suicidal- although I will never kill myself.

My daughter herself gets M .E but doesn't seemingly get it as bad as me. She makes me feel guilty and as said in the past; "your always in bed ".

I cant cope ( and never really have done) the feelings a felt yesterday- being with my daughter laughing and being happy yesterday to having no energy, completely fatigued, can't get out of bed, severe depression and Anxiety ( I do suffer from Depression and Anxiety as well as severe Menopause symptoms.

Why can't I cope? After years and years having M E.

Please help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi Gillian. I saw your post and just wanted to say that I share your feelings of deep guilt.

I'm constantly depressed and anxious to a greater or lesser extent and despise myself for wasting my life away lying in bed. I cannot be a useful responsible member of society and have completely failed to fulfil my potential.

I can't offer any help of course but when I saw your post it reminded me that I'm not alone in feeling guilty for things I cannot change. So I thought the least I can do is remind you of the same.

I find that's one of the cruellest things about m.e: you never fully give yourself credit for actually having a genuine illness.

One last thing though: maybe show your daughter what you wrote so she understands your deeper feelings. Hope you sleep. James.

• Posted

hi

i have just joined this forum. i have chronic fatigue for about 5 years.

I really understand how you feel. I understand all about pacing, but sometimes its just not possible if you want to do the things you want to do that makes life special.

I hope you are feeling better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.