Difficulty getting up from chair

Posted , 4 users are following.

MY husband is finding it harder and harder to get up from a chair . WE know that he needs a hip replacement and are waiting for him to be put on the list .

BUT is this problem linked to the hip or is it something completely different ?

He also has problems with his balance now

DOES anybody know anything about this ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had problems like that before I had my hip replaced, but in your husband's case it need not be the same as me. Has he had any feedback on a possible new hip?

• Posted

Hello Christine,

Given all you've written, your husband is bound to have problems getting up and out of chairs with all the pain he's going through. I remember my Father-in-law barely being able to walk when he was waiting for his hip op, the same applied to my husband's Uncle, he too was in excruciating pain with his first and second hips.

It really is the most terrible pain day and night. Both also had awful balance problems, only natural when you think about one hip being terribly painful and the other not!

Right now your husband needs a lot of help and patience, and is fully reliant on you. Let's hope it won't be long before his operation.

Best wishes, Sue

• Posted

thanks sue but he says he is not in pain when trying to get up from chair , he says he just cant do it so i dont know what to think ?

• Posted

Hello again Christine,

I can't believe that what your husband is saying is the truth, are you sure it's not bravado speaking.

FIL had awful pain during the day and a real burning pain throughout the night.

I'd love to think he really is pain-free, but cannot as it's bone rubbing against bone continuously for him.

If hubby and all those needing new hips weren't in pain then surgeons would be quite happy and as well as saving a fortune!

All best wishes to you both, Sue

• Posted

Hello Christine

I dont know anything about this my sincere apologies - Maybe ask his or your doctor? Personally speaking the only reason I have for having difficulty getting up out of my chair/couch is just due to being stiff i guess

Good luck & best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.