Difficulty Moving Super Sticky Phlegm

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi - i've had the problem for years.

the attacks, for want of a better phrase happen almost every day - first i start to wheeze then  continually cough up loads of clear thick mucus sometimes to the point of wretching.

the mucus adheres to all materials metal , plastic or whatever.- even near boiling water struggles to shift it.

ventollin spray sometimes helps & after its use  i  spit out, but not always,  thick globules or blobs of cheesy very slightly yellow coloured  mucus.

i've tried lemon drinks etc but to no avail.

thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi lander, sorry you have to go through this. Well do you have your diagnosis that why is that happening to you? Wheezing and mucus etc? Well there is one nebulizer called mucomix, It s used for thinning the mucus and helps to spit it out easily, The tablet form is also available over the counter in any pharmacybiggrin
  • Posted

I've had the same problem for years and I am now being treated for Silent acid reflux. It turns out that my chronic sinusitis is probably caused by the acid getting into my sinuses at night when I'm sleeping. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.