Difficulty passing urine?

Posted , 6 users are following.

has any one had difficulty passing urine after op, nurse suggested it was because I had catheter whilst in theatre. Still sore although betters than it was, but now itchy as well

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Also does anyone suffer from unexpected tears is this a side effect too?
  • Posted

Hi, I found it very hard the first few days

9 days on and it's not quite flowing as freely as it used to! Takes more effort

Saw doc this morning and apparently this is normal after surgery

X

• Posted

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, it's this sort of stuff you don't get told beforehand
    • Posted

Yeah. If you can't pee at all, I would see a doctor but if it's just a bit of a strain then don't worry

I also have leaky eyes! It's very odd

I have to use laxatives too because it takes quite a long time to get everything moving. Sorry I know that's a little too much info lol. But it's all stuff you don't get told!

Hope your recovery goes quickly. I'm finally starting to feel a difference now, 9 days after op. So hang in there

X

• Posted

If I were you I would get sample to docs , I'm

Sure if you ring first thing Monday or tomorrow if yours has a Saturday surgery . It could well be a water infection after the Cather and could be

Just mild . But if you leave it and it is infection. You could end up not well over Christmas . Has it got a smell to it and cloudy they also signs. Drink plenty of water. If you itching it could be thrush. Again this could be from catheter. Hope it gets better soon 

X

• Posted

This is common but catheterisation can cause a urine infection so get a sample checked as has been suggested. I had a urinary infection after this but it was easily cleared with antibiotics, it is a side effect GP's are used to.
    • Posted

Thanks both for your replies that seems to be more normal today, have also phoned the hospital to ask half a dozen questions about what's normal for my op / recovery. It's always something they haven't told me about what to expect. 

Such good support on here. Thank you again.

• Posted

Yes the same happened to me was fine in hospital when had to wee 3 times for the nurses to measure after the cathater was removed but when I went home I had blood clots when I wiped after a wee and it felt sore and like a urine infection and kept having the urge to go for a wee.

My mum is a nurse so I asked her and she said a cathater can cause trauma inside and it is normal to get some blood and frequency to wee for a short while. Mine lasted a few weeks but wasn't every day was quite random!! But now just over 2 months post surgery I am ok with it.

• Posted

Thanks for reassurance it has been better today

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.