Difficulty passing urine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Been on Venlafaxine 70mg per day about 9 days. One of the side effects is difficulty passing urine - I can cope with this during the day but it's disrupting what little sleep I get as I'm driven to the loo repeatedly by the urge to pee but can only pass a small amount.

Does this side effect diminish with time?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi mike

It sounds like you have a urine infection. I get them repeatedly since being on venlafaxine. Antibiotics will sort it out for you.

How are you doing on day 9?

• Posted

I'm afraid I get simular. I didn't realise it maybe medication related. I still get it now and I have been on venlaxifine for 10 months. I really hope this calms down for you. Usually the side effects of medication do diminish with time.

• Posted

See your doctor asap. This is not an overly common side effect but it is one you don't want.

I suspect medication will be changed.

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.