Difficulty swallowing and anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm feeling so down with this dry mouth and difficulty swallowing sensation, it's making me more anxious, it's been going on for 3 weeks now, I eat and drink well, just this symptoms is so annoying does anyone feel this way and how long does it normally last.

I'm going crazy with this perimenopause.

Thanks for reading.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm in menopause and I have to have a drink with each bite cause it feels like my throat closes. then I choke its crazy.

• Edited

Try to stay calm and relaxed if you can. Google Globus Hysteria. That is a very common symptom of Peri and Menopause. I had it from April to November last year. Many of us on this forum have it. And yes, ive had food get caught in my throat, lump sensation, trouble swallowing and sore throat as well all coming and going whenever. Ive gotten use to it. The lump in throat feeling went away finally. But i still have have mild sore throat off and on with ear pain in my right ear. Stay strong, this is all just another part of life for many of us. Hugs to you. ps...im 51

• Edited

Yes i had this last yr. Lasted 2 months. I had difficulty swallowing, chocked a few times. It was quite a scary time. Didn't eat much because my mind was going crazy thinking that i was going to choke to death. Hang in there it will pass

• Edited

I've had this on and off for 3 years, my gp sent me for endoscopy it got so bad at one stage. Thank god all results were fine. It is an anxiety thing, which I suffer with since peri started 4 years ago. I take a herbal capsule called Ashwagada, it really helps take the edge off the anxiety, which in turn help with the throat and dry mouth issues.

• Edited

I've had this on and off for 3 years, my gp sent me for endoscopy it got so bad at one stage. Thank god all results were fine. It is an anxiety thing, which I suffer with since peri started 4 years ago. I take a herbal capsule called Ashwagada, it really helps take the edge off the anxiety, which in turn help with the throat and dry mouth issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.