Difficulty to empty my bladder.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 24 years old male. Since August last year I have a difficulty to empty my bladder. But the flow of my urine is fine. Doctor diagnosed me that Im free from UTI. Would this symptom be related to prostate problem?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I see you have posted a different question twice, and you say here you are 24, so my reply to you on the other posting would still be relevant. Have you asked your doctor about prostatitis? I don't know if tis kind of infection would show up as UTI. What is the difficulty in peeing? Starting,  you say the flow is OK so I guess it'a not starting and stopping? Shy at public urinals? Sometimes it can be a psychological issue. Again, with such little information it's difficult to offer suggestions, but I hope our replies will tell you you don't have to be alone in this.
    • Posted

Thank you for you responses.... I have no difficulty to start peeing but kinda difficult to stop... sometimes I just get out of the toilet without totally emptying my bladder because I have something else to do. My anxiety rose when I found that abdominal cramp is one of the symptoms for the prostate cancer... so this has put me into a very kinda scared situation...
    • Posted

Hi, Pepasan. You mention paruresis in your response to Nashmahmod and this is the first time I have seen it mentioned on this site. Also known as shy bladder and various other polite and appropriate terms, I have suffered from this all my life but it was mild enough that I could work around the awkward situations with reasonable grace.

My attention was first drawn to the issue when reports appeared describing the problems encountered by shy bladder sufferers when they were requested to produce urine samples by police. I had no idea this problem was so widespread.

Then, during a hospital stay as an inpatient, I encountered the problem myself when some nurses, having requested a urine sample insisted on watching closely to ensure that there was no cheating, or whatever. Obviously this was part of their training but when I broached the subject of shy bladder only two had even heard of the term.

This highlights a need here, or an opportunity to disseminate knowledge of this condition that, in severe cases, can keep people housebound.

Just not fair, is it? Here is a chance to spread the word just as we do with other issues on this web site.

• Posted

I know many men have a bit of difficulty getting a stream going with others present. It's happened for me a little in my teens and twenties. It is as a psychotherapist that I've seen it in the diagnosis manuals. Medical people really have no excuse for not knowing it can be a genuine problem!
  • Posted

Have your urologist check your PSA and do a digital rectal exam to check for prostate cancer. It is unlikely for someone your age, but you will feel better knowing. Your urologist should be able to tell you what is going on. If he or she can't, get another one.

Neal

• Posted

Hi-

I have had issues with emptying my bladder for many years especially at night. This past year I have been treated with all the common urinary medications with no results. There have been no signs of prostate cancer; PSA levels are norm. My Dr. said I was an excellent candidate for Greenight Laser Surgery. I had the surgery in November. I am still suffering from the same symtopms only now there is a little discomfort everytime I urinate. The urges are more frequent during sleep. I have a follow up March 4th. The Dr. had confidence that I would see a big improvement by then. It's 2 weeks away but I haven't seen any improvement. I wonder if the urges are psychological and I should not have had the surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.