Diflucan / fluconazole causes flare

Posted , 1 user is following.

33/f 10 plus year chronic urethral pain and burning most of the time (negative UTI screens) w trace blood in urine.  as well as chronic oral thrush (not vaginal). Symptom free 2-3 months until taking a single diflucan tablet for oral thrush.  A few months back I did 3 things that worked, not sure which one, or if all are responsible but wanted to share. completely cut coffee again,  started a high quality probiotic, and stopped using my saliva for any sex or activity related to my vagina. I was so surprised that these few simple things relieved my symptoms. Now looking back I’m pretty sure the oral thrush and using any saliva for sex was a huge trigger. I didn’t notice the correlation because I never got a vaginal yeast infection. But hope this will help someone. Candida could be present and not be noticed. Anyway after months of relief I was getting an oral thrush flair and took a diflucan and woke up in serious pain. I couldn’t figure out what I’d done differently to cause it & wouldn’t think in a million years that it could be the diflucan, but it was. I looked it up and some other women have experienced the same thing. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.