Digestion issues

Posted , 16 users are following.

FOR A WHILE NOW I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM INDIGESTION, STOMACH ACHES IN MY ABDOMEN AND NAUSEA? I AM NOT ON HRT! DOES ANYONE ELSE SUFFER FROM THIS AMD HAVE ANY REMEDIES THAT HELP?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

yes unfortunately seems to be part of menopause, I now take Nexium when needed, helps massively with heartburn, bloating , indigestion etc.

• Posted

yes my whole digestive system is messed up since last cycle i started nexium three days ago indigestion is gone but bloated gas still remains

• Posted

HI

I have had stomach issues galore - try yogurt . i have stated to have soya yogurt - as i have become allergic to i dairy - with banana and seeds everyday - twice a day.

took a while to get t used to it but its working a treat.

let me know how you get on

• Posted

you might want to try raspberry leaf tea. (not red raspberry tea but LEAF tea). It will help with hormonal nausea, tones the uterus, and helps with many women's issues through life.

• Posted

ive had terrible indigestion for the last couple of years. its worse the more weight i carry around my middle. i cant drink much wine anymore and if i over indulge then i get terrible acid reflux at night and wake up choking and gasping for breathe.

i find ranatadine to be the only thing that will relieve it. if im going on holiday or out for the evening i take it before i go out. generally im avoiding alcohol as so painful

x

• Posted

Yes, ever since peri hit I have been suffering with gastrointestinal problems. I happen to be going through a bout of it now with gassiness, bloating, indigestion, constipation. It's been getting me a bit down. It seems no matter what I eat I experience discomfort with digestion. I don't know what I can eat and what I can't.

• Posted

I would try fresh ginger, peppermint gum, Coke syrup and anti-nausea wrist bands. My doctor said to try Benadryl at bedtime when you suspect the feeling is coming on (i.e. week or so prior to the start of your period).I think it helped me. If you are really nauseous ask for an rx for Zofran.

• Posted

Yes

Indigestion issues start in peri.

i feel gassy mostly.

Nausea and Bloating full day

Mam i tried Fennel seeds..its work for me..u also try.

have half teaspoon of fennel seeds after every meal..it help in digestion and bloating .

tk

• Posted

Unfortunately it was a symptom for me (I am four years post meno) but I had the digestion issues (doeant help having a hiatas hernia!) nausea, lost of appetite, heartburn, gassisnessetc, loss of weight and gastitis. Nexium is a good thing to take, i sometimes take it for a little bit now if my digestion plays up.

• Posted

Same. Plus I have gallstones so ending up with loose movements instead of constipation. I think my peri hormones are causing gallbladder flare ups. 😦 It sucks. Seems to come and go. Have you tried HRT? I would if I didn't have a fibroid.

• Posted

Digestion issues have been a big problem for the last couple of years with no further hope of it going away. My is upper GI discomfort and bloating. It can stick around for weeks on end and then suddenly go away for a few months. I have tried removing all different foods and nothing seems to be an obvious issue causing it?? Just having yet another blood test to see if there is any sinister going on but I have had two years of tests for them all to be thankfully clear of anything awful so I am sure this is all hormone led (or lack of) I am on HRT which has appeased the other symptoms but the digestion one continues to be a problem. I have never felt so old and fed up and now have lower left back ache to add to it all...

• Posted

Have you been checked for gallstones? That sounds like what I experience during a gallbladder flare up. You can take herbs for it like gallstonex and avoid fatty foods.

• Posted

That is interesting as the doctor hasn't even mentioned possible gallbladder issues? How long can your flare up last for?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.