Digestive Enzymes Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've joined up in the hope someone could possibly help me source a good quality digestive enzyme (I am dairy free due to an intolerance!)

I have had half of my stomach removed and now suffer from gastroparesis, dumping syndrome, reactive hypoglycemia, IBD and GERD. I'm fed up with just being fobbed off with tablets that don't work or just add to my symptoms. Someone mentioned digestive enzymes to me and I'd really like to give them a go.

However, my research has just led me round and round and I'm more confused than ever now! When I find one that I think will be okay, it has a load of binders/extras which I'd like to avoid. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi , use the best ole fashion remedy , its a miracle cure for a lot of elements including stomach / gut / intestines it also has its own enzymes to replenish along with PH balance enhancers ... Of course it will take time ... Research it see if it is something you would like to try ... It is Raw Apple Cider Vinegar !! It has been used for decades !! My best to you ,i wish you well

• Posted

Apple cider vinegar is acidic and in its raw form may aggravate GERD. I have GERD and I avoid anything acidic.

• Posted

Hi PinkDebster

Have you heard of Proteolytic Enzymes for stomach digestion can be bought at health stores and popular online outlets....

• Posted

Mary also has a good suggestion . Any that you buy supplements you buy , the health food store is the best place .. More trust worthy .

• Posted

Are you able to take lactose free milk or is that still a problem? Milk is very good for digestion problems like GERD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.