Digestive issues..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had been diagnosed ofr H plyori a year ago.  Big loads of antibiotics helped erradicate the bug. But abdominal pain still remain, and recently I had endoscopy that showed chronic inflammation in the small intestine, which may contribute to weight loss and chronic constipation. Is there anyone who have had the samme experience? I am going to hospital tomorrow for further tests to find out what causes that. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks Massi

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hope you get well soon. If you like natural remedies, personaly used them and felt better in many ways I can suggest good honey to dilute 1 table spoon in warm water to drink on empty stomach every morning. 3x Teaspoon of olive oil a day till the problem resolves. These remedies are natural and they heal stomach lining with using them in the right way. I tried all this and it works.🖒🖒🖒

• Posted

Hi Sabira, thanks for your quick reply!

True, natural medecines have beneficial virtues, and I have been on that natural approach for a while and I believe it does help. But before doing anything, one should at least get a diagnosis what causing all that abnormality. It is very important to know the causes, and then go ahead battle the diseases.

• Posted

When powerful antibiotics are taken for a prolonged period, it can cause irritation in your gut..Try probiotic yoghurt/probiotic supplements in case the gut flora has been disturbed. Ask about being tested for SIBO.  It may also be worth while testing for H pylori again in case it has come back.  Sometimes, h pylori is resistent to certain types of antibiotic.
    • Posted

Yes, it's true, and what it did on me after intake of antibiotics for prolonged period. I have chronic inflammation in the small intestine and hormone deregulation or pancreas may not producing emzymes responsible for digestion and absorption. This could be the cause of my weighlt loss.

• Posted

Good luck for your next round of tests.  Hopefully, you will get answers.
  • Posted

What kind of medicine did you take for H Pylori ? I was on therapy for 14 days ( metronidazole, claritymicin and omeprazole ) and it didnt take care of bacteria. Did endoscopy and I was still positive na bacteria and now they put me on much stronger medicine ( omeprazole 2x-40 mg, metronidazole 4x-250=1000mg, bismuth 8 pills-250=2000mg and tetracycline 4x500mg-2000mg for ten days so I will be taking 18 pills daily which is over 5.000mg per day and 180 pills in ten days . Does this sounds normal ?! Im afraid of starting to take this medication ?
    • Posted

In my personal opinion I would not take the last set of pills as it will only raise more havoc with your stomach. I think it is the anitbiotic regiment that started everything. I went to the health store and spoke with someone who quite knowledgable with products and she suggested a couple of products where I took 1 capsule of each just before a meal on a empty sotmach and it helped the first time around. Since then I have had other health issues and the doctor gave me antibiotics and now I have many problems that I am dealing with to try and feel better. I started a discussion "Tired of Feeling Sick everyday and the doctors have no clue" I have now gone back to the health store and on products again, they have started to help so hope it continues as we are going away on holidays and I am so tired of feeling like I got the flu everyday and I jsut want to stay in my PJ's and stay in bed. Not a way to live ones life. Can't beleive that in todays technologly they can't find something to help so many of us that are going through the same problem. Good luck and if find something to help you please pass it on to us others. 

• Posted

It is a lot of pills but that is the usual quadruple therapy for h pylori eradication (if triple therapy fails).

If you take them you have to be disciplined and take them as you should for the prolonged amount of time. I would recommend you get strong probiotics to counter act the side effects of antibiotics.

If you don't take them properly you won't eradicate the h pylori and may even make it more resistant ! I had triple therapy that shifted my infection, but I had to stay on ppi and eat strict for months after until I felt no pain. And then I slowly weened off ppi. I still can't go crazy to this day, but I feel much better and more 'normal'.

There are supposed natural ways to cure h pylori but they aren't as reliable and can take longer and cost more.

I would recommend the meds you've been given. Just be disciplined with them

• Posted

Hi, for h pylori I was precribed the same medication as you. But I was on PPI for twio periods as the first attempt did not erradicate the bacteria, Finally, the second period helped remove the h pylori. Be patient, many patients were having h pylori without knowing it for a long period time, which was my case. So it took me long time to win.in the battle. But I am currently dealing with chronic inflammation in the intestine which may be caused by the antibiotics intake and psychological stress . Yesterday I was for general check in hospital because of weighlt loss and chronic constipation off and on. Tomorrow I am scheduled for CT scanning and stool sample test. Waitng for the result is like having Sword of Damocles hanging over on'es neck. I am hoping, at least , get clarifications for weight loss and digestive issues. Main concerns.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.