Digestive issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Issues with prickly throat and skin after eating. I havet this issue for the last three weeks off and on. It dt is not a particular type of food, and does not occur all the time. It can last for a few hours or sometimes a day. It also creates a lot of phlem and cough. It drives me crazy. It also makes me itch at times  different parts of body

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It does sound like an allergic reaction, the itchy prickly skin and throat typical, is there a food type that youve not eliminated, or even something in drinks, milk etc.  The cough also could be linked to allergic response, more so with it being after eating, your body is reacting to something that doesnt suit. If you cant find out what your body is reacting to, you will need to see your gp.  good luck
  • Posted

Lynne69494.  I have checked with GP and it happens randomly, sometimeswith  banana or oatmeal or anything and other times no reaction. Any drink or food, sonetimes reaction sonetimes not. It is bizzare went to GP and she thinks it is allergy but has no explanation.   
    • Posted

Puzzling as it sound typically allergic reacion, lve had allergic reactions with same symptoms, but mine were to penicillian, and l have allergic rhinitus, which can be triggered by lots of things in envoirament, if near to diesel fumes, cement or plaster dust, some detergents, toiletries, insect bites, luckily l dont seem to have food allergies. Trying to find cause of allergies difficult, could be in the envoirament in room you eat in, or even utensils, or even on the weather conditions on different days, re damp-mould spores, windy pollen, or maybe a digestive problem that gastro can soldve.  Its a big

problem and puzzle to solve Good luck.

• Posted

lynne69494

maybe i will try some zyrtec and see if that does the trick or benadryl.  So far it happens everytime I eat, no matter what I eat. Ugh. Thank you for your reply

• Posted

Sounds like a plan, if l have what l think an allergic reaction or sensativety to something l will take an anti histamine which often calms it.  Hope you find the cause or solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.