Digestive issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

So glad I have found this forum.  Hoping I can get some help.  I am 55 years old.  Have missed 3 periods.  I guess I am still in peri menopause until I have gone a year.  I have hot flashes, night sweats, etc.   I also have been having digestive issues.  Diarrhea  sometimes.  Constipation sometimes.  Bloating.  Cramping.  Anyone else have symptoms like this?  All my blood work looks normal. Pelvic ultrasound is normal.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue

I'm 47 and have missed a few periods now. I've also had night sweats and bloating with constipation and diorahhea.. I've been taking the herbal remedy menopace which you can buy from the chemist and I have to admit it has really helped me. What I have found the worst is the mood swings both bad tempered and emotional .. I'm trying so hard to control this though as it's just not me ... ohhhhh who would be a woman ehhhh

• Posted

Thankyou for you reply.  It is so good to know that I am not alone. Of course my mind wants to jump to the worst case scenario.  My anxiety is thru the roof,  which I am sure does not help.  Does the menopace help with your digestive issues?  Of course my Gyno informed me that diarrhea is not a symptom of peri menopause.  I have read that it is.  Thanks so much for your reply.  We women need to stick together.  😊

• Posted

Sue,

Sounds like peri all right. I had so many different symptoms in the beginning of peri and i’m 55 and only get my periods every 3-4 months. A lot of the anxiety has subsided but now I have ringing in my ears and bug weight gain and tired a lot. It’s so fun getting old lol

• Posted

We women are so lucky aren’t we. Lol. I know I forgot to mention some of my symptoms like, nausea, heart palpitations, dizziness.  The list goes on. I am most bothered by the digestive issues.  I have not had ringing in the ears yet. Knock on wood!  I am thankful that there is a place where we can all discuss our issues and know that we are not alone and we are not going crazy!  Hang in there everyone!  Somehow we will all make it thru this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.