Digestive Issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

So two years ago I started a low carb diet. At the same time I started eating a TON of watermelon to curb my sweet tooth( one whole melon per day). I started being fatigued and had bad reflux which sometimes I can feel in my neck and ears. My symptoms seem to get better when I eliminate sugar for a couple days  but then my symptoms come back when I start eating fruit again. Could excessive fruit really be at the root of my gut issues? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It could.... Sounds like ibs trigged by certain fruit....but let me ask you..

Did you try blueberries, kiwi?

Btw are you sensitive to sugar..i mean in general?

• Posted

THanks no I haven’t tried other fruits except bananas and I don’t tolerate them well at all. I seem to do fine with cake and occasional sweets. Milk also doesn’t bother me it seems.
  • Posted

A whole melon is a lot for one person.  Cut right down on your fruit intake and see if that helps.
  • Posted

he bacteria in your gut can be one of your strongest allies in getting healthy…or it can be one of your worst enemies. Most people don’t realize it, but what they eat and how they live are changing the makeup of their gut bacteria.Exciting new studies are coming out every day exploring the connection between gut bacteria and practically every other aspect of human health. The conclusion is clear: if you can change your gut, you can change your life.But how do you know when something’s wrong with your gut bacteria in the first place? And more importantly, what can you do about it? Keep reading to find out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.