Digestive Issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone I am a 20 year old who has been experiencing digestive issues for months now. Almost every other morning usually 5 minutes after I wake up I start getting that "oh geez I need to go to the bathroom NOW" feeling in my stomach. It is almost always uncomfortable (yellowy mushy and sometimes I see parts of my food in it). I rarely ever get normal solid stool anymore, but it's also rare for it to be full on diarrhea. It is somewhere in the middle. It sometimes happens throughout the day as well, but not every day. It's as if it comes and stays for a few days and then leaves for a couple days before coming back.

I try to eat healthy and my breakfast almost always consists of low-zero sugar oatmeal, occasionally accompanied by a banana. My lunch at work is usually sliced chicken breast on toasted honey wheat bread with carrots or an apple (sometimes both) and a nutrigrain bar, or nature valley bar. My dinners are usually chicken or fish with a vegetable and rice, or my roommate cooks which consists of philly cheesesteaks, pasta dishes, chicken, etc. and we almost always have veggies and carbs.

The weird thing I noticed is that if I have something sweet/sugary, the next day I usually experience the uncomfortable bathroom sessions. And another weird thing is I've been lactose intolerant for a long time but just these past few months I haven't been having terrible stomach pain or diarrhea as a result from eating something with lactose in it, and that's even without taking my lactaid pill. I used to get diarrhea and TERRIBLE stomach pain just 30 minutes after eating ice cream, and I still take the pill 90% of the time.

As for medications, In the morning I take a probiotic pill and sometimes I take fiber supplements with it. I don't have a terrible diet so I don't understand why I get such bad digestion. I eat "bad" food occasionally (pizza/chipotle/firehouse subs or something fast food related but never the bad bad ones like mcdonalds) but I only eat something like this once or twice a week when I don't want to cook. This issue makes me so uncomfortable and really ruins my day, especially when it happens multiple times in a day, it can be depressing.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh and when I saw a gastroentologist last year she told me it was my diet and I turned in stool lab samples and all of my tests came back negative. I have since changed my diet but it has only made it a bit better.

• Posted

If you are lactose intolerant then you shouldn't eat Philly cheese any more. And pasta isn't good for you. I rarely eat out. You should start cooking more at home. You could be starting a long fight with gallbladder issues. Find alternative foods to best suit your system. Greasy or fried foods no good. Spicy also. Please help yourself. If you do you will be happier.

• Edited

If you are lactose intolerant then you shouldn't eat Philly cheese any more. And pasta isn't good for you. I rarely eat out. You should start cooking more at home. You could be starting a long fight with gallbladder issues. Find alternative foods to best suit your system. Greasy or fried foods no good. Spicy also. Please help yourself. If you do you will be happier.

• Posted

Even if I take a lactaid pill? Could you explain what would cause gullbladder issues and things I need to look out for? Thanks

• Posted

Well, how are the pills working? Eating fatty foods like pastrami, steaks, pork, bacon is a no no.. will affect your gallbladder and bile system. Nausea, vomiting, undigested food in stool, night sweats, loss of appetite heartburn and just an overall feeling of being sick all day. Not a nice experience I must say! So watch your fat intake and give it a week and see how you feel. Good Luck.

• Edited

Thank you for all of the information! My last question is, am I okay to drink black coffee? I am also going to start drinking green tea.

• Posted

I would tell you that black coffee isn't a good choice for you. Coffee is acidic and caused stomach pain and Nausea. Just eat a banana or toast with it. To help soak up acids. Tea will be a better choice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.