Digestive issues - Pancreatic cancer? Colon cancer? Or?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry if this comes off as insensitive!

I'm a 19 year old female, in North America. I've been having several random digestive issues that have got me slightly worried. These symptoms have been on and off for 5 months or so now. List of symptoms: 1. BMs - Most of the time it's light brown/orangey diarrhea, or yellowish pale brown (most of the time, with undigested food also), and it comes out thin, but then, only sometimes, not every week, it's normal coloured (rich to dark brown) but when I wipe, on the toilet paper, it appears yellowish, also normal diameter. 2. There's a weird tight sensation inmy lower right quadrant, that comes and goes. 3. There's also a lump that comes and goes in my upper right quadrant, sometimes it hurts to press on it (only if pressing down hard), other times not, it also seems to move around a bit. Sometimes it's there for 3 weeks straight, and there's definitely less days that it's not there, although not by much. I can only feel it if I'm standing up, not when I'm lying down or sitting. 4. Epigastric tenderness - not sure if this is correct, but judging by the photos of the anatomy of an abdomen that I've seen, the tenderness is exactly where my pancreas is. It also tends to come and go, although it never fully leaves. The pain is only there when I press down on the area. Some days it's a crampy pain, and other days it's more of a sharp "gnawing" (not sure) pain. This is the one symptom I'm most worried about, because it's always there, and it's exactly where the pancreas is. Also these days have been getting random bouts of pain on the area lining my ribs, both sides 19 year old female, in North America. I've been having several random digestive issues that have got me slightly worried. These symptoms have been on and off for 5 months or so now. List of symptoms: 1. BMs - Most of the time it's light brown/orangey diarrhea (most of the time, with undigested food also), and it comes out thin, but sometimes, like maybe 3 days in a week, but not every week, it's normal coloured (rich to dark brown) but when I wipe, on the toilet paper, it appears yellowish, also normal diameter. 2. There's a weird tight sensation inmy lower right quadrant, that comes and goes. 3. There's also a lump that comes and goes in my upper right quadrant, sometimes it hurts to press on it (only if pressing down hard), other times not, it also seems to move around a bit. Sometimes it's there for 3 weeks straight, and there's definitely less days that it's not there, although not by much. I can only feel it if I'm standing up, not when I'm lying down or sitting. 4. Epigastric tenderness - not sure if this is correct, but judging by the photos of the anatomy of an abdomen that I've seen, the tenderness is exactly where my pancreas is. It also tends to come and go, although it never fully leaves. The pain is only there when I press down on the area. Some days it's a crampy pain, and other days it's more of a sharp "gnawing" (not sure) pain. Also, have been getting random bouts of sharp pain along my rib lines, on both sides, which just started a while ago. It happens like once every two days though. 

No other symptoms beside that. What could this possibly be, juding by the symptoms?

Thanks so much for your help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry that you've been experiencing these difficulties.  Unfortunately, no one on this site can diagnose an illness. We're here to offer comfort, support and practical assistance.  

I'd suggest that you make an appointment with a gastroenterologist, who would be the proper person to diagnose and treat you. If your symptoms are as troubling to you as you describe, best not to wait to get them sorted.

Good luck, and let me know how you get on!  

• Posted

Hi, I am having exactly the same, but a lot of pain in upper left side, behind belly button and lower right side into back.  Not all the time but especially after food.  Also same as you orangy colour when wiping myself.  Did you ever find out what it was.  I have appointment on Wednesday to discuss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.