Digestive Problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed almost a year ago now after developing gallstones during my pregnancy, since then I have flare ups with the similiar type of pains like when I had my gallstones but over the past few weeks this has been getting steadily worse with chest and abdominal pains, loose bowels, basically in agony anytime I eat anything even although I am watching what I eat and trying to stick to a healthy diet.

I have been to my GP on several ocassions and I am now on 40mg of omneprazole a day as well as buscopan, however the pains over the weekend have been terrible, havent been out of bed, cant eat, being sick, my GP says I need to wait for my consultant appointment with the General Surgery dept but thats not until 10 October, I honestly cant face another month of being in this pain.

Can anyone give me advice, my GP no help at all and hospital wont ive me an earlier appointment

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You'll get to the Hospital and the Consultant will say s / he'll put you down for a Gastroscopy then it'll be another 2 - 3 months until blah blah blah rolleyes neutral I realize that I probably don't need to tell you but however bad the pain gets don't be tempted to take Ibuprofen, one pill could set you back weeks neutral
  • Posted

hi two littleboys,i to have my gallbladder removed big twelve inch scar,they said they had nearly suck it out has it had stuck to my liver,so i worked out that from now on i would;nt be producing enough bile to dissolve foods so started to look for digestive enzymes,hydrocloric stomache acid, and found BetaineHCL,have a google see if it might work :D
  • Posted

Sounds like you have a condition called sphincter of oddi dysfunction which can occur after GB removal.If you google it there is lots info on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.