Digestive symptoms with Hyperparathyroidism.

Posted , 6 users are following.

What sort of digestive symptoms did you get with primary hyperparathyroidism?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ed, I'm 6 months post op having had a tumour removed in January, nausea and vomiting were a daily occurance  for me, eventually I was put on anti sickness tablets until my operation, there is a fabulous support group on Facebook called Hyperparathyroid uk action 4 change, lots of help and support particularly for someone with normal/high calcium levels, indigestion & GERD are very common symptoms 

Karen 

• Posted

Thanks for the replies.

Do you remember your numbers? Ca and PTHs?

• Posted

normal ca range is 2.1 - 2.55   Mine was first noted at 2.65 and it varied, once it was 2.75 and at its hightest it got to 2.9.

normal PTH  range is  1.6 - 7.2  mine was 8.58

Levels can fluctuate and labs can vary very slightly.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

you're welcome Ed.  If your doctor ignores your elevated levels, try another doctor.  The damage this disease causes to the body is measured by the clock not how high the calcium goes so gettting it sorted out is paramount, it only gets worse with time.  Let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.