Digging in the didt

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I am 12  weeks post op anterior and posterior repair with urethra lift and hernia repair. I am feeling a lot better but some days it still seems  like my abdomen is swells. I do suppose it is possible that I have put on extra pounds during this doing nothing time,  well except for walking,  but my lower abdomen/belly seems harder than normal. Anyone else experiencing trouble with the tummy growing?

Also, my doctor cautioned me about taking my time returning to gardening but I thought getting out and clipping the dead roses on my rose bush one at the time would not hurt so much. I finished one rose bush and started on a second but half way through a mean ol’ wasp flew out and stung me! Since I am allergic, my hand was swollen good size for a few days so could not continue. I am trying to decide if God was sending me out of the garden to protect me or just when did others return to gardening fun? I would appreciate advice on when others returning to gardening.

Thanks and do hope  everyone is healing and taking good care of themselves!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think everyone’s recovery is very individual, some people will feel able to be doing lots of their usual activities whilst others still feel quite debilitated several weeks on.

Not sure it was God that sent the Bee or not, but I’d take it as a sign to take it easier!

• Posted

Its the bending love that you need to watch.. I just can't bring myself mentally to bend yet even if I bend my knees.. No pain at all though just all in my head x

• Posted

I know what you mean, Welshgirl, I think that is why I have held back and even sitting down the pulling pulls on that lower abdomen section. I also remember how big my doctor’s I got and the look on her face when I ask her about gardening but that was one month post op. Guess I will just be content with supervising the hubby as to what is a weed vs a flower. Thanks for your advice!
    • Posted

Yes that's what I do..give orders 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 take it easy and good luckxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.