dignosed with Mild-moderate spinal restriction

Posted , 4 users are following.

iv applied for pip for fibro but found out I know have mild-moderate spinal restriction can I add this to my claim?does any one else have this and does it get worse?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi sarapainfree,

All disorders should be added on your initial application for PIP. They will not add them at the assessment.

Your best bet would be to contact the DWP about your PIP Claim as soon as possible, and state that you've been diagnosed with Mild-moderate Spinal Restriction. It can take time to repair this, and surgery is another option but again you will have higher risk factors, this would also prolong any healing for quite some time.

Since you already suffer from Fibromyalgia, your Rheumatologist can give you a better understanding. Or even a Neurologist. Whichever, your more happy with I would suggest you have a chat with them regarding treatments available to you. It is not a quick fix, either way regardless of which path you take.

I would contact the DWP as soon as possible, stating to them that you were not diagnosed with this at the time, when you were completing the PIP Award Application, there is no harm in trying to get it added now, rather than later (which they will not do!). They have quite strict policies regarding adding other ailments to PIP Applications that they have already received.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

thankyou for your reply I do have a letter for dwp from my doctor stating all disabilitys and how they are affecting me daily
    • Posted

Hi Sara,

If that is the case then I would suggest you phone them ASAP, before the DWP issues you with an Assessment date and centre.

Remember, if the journey is too far for you then ask for an home visit, the centres are located all over the UK, yet you never get the one closest to you. It is picked at the next available centre, which in view is totally wrong.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

This is what normally happens in reverse. No matter what you put on the PIP2 form, they tend to ignore it anyhow!
  • Posted

I rang the dwp and they have added the new condition to my form.and iv also sent them a letter from my docs stating this so fingers crossed it all helps
    • Posted

Hi Sara,

Well, I'm glad that went okay for you, lets hope your assessment goes the same and easy.

Remember what I said, if the distance is to far to travel ask them for a home visit, it may require a doctor's letter for backup.

Always keep copies of everything you send to the DWP, they are known too well for so-say losing paperwork. Best thing to do is write your National Insurance number on everything!

HTH,

Regards,

Les.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

yeah I have put n.I number on them and have a few copies smile my husband drives mE everywhere so distance not a problem as long as it's not far Dar out
    • Posted

Hi Sara,

The DWP state all ATOS, Capita and Maximus assessment centres are within 90 miles, this is a lie for a start. One woman was made to travel a 700 mile round trip to her Assessment! That's why I pointed that out. I am still on DLA and cannot travel more than 20 miles from our premises, I had an operation that took over 10 months to fully recover, but that was a few years ago now - I know where the Assessment Centres are from me, 2 are local, as in about 8 miles - but the DWP's computer systems do not work by the closest centre, they pick the next available Assessment Centre, which in some cases is miles away.

The DWP is a shambles, with the amount of issues they have - and worked out at a loss of £4 million last year just from appeals.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

ahhh right thanks for that Info I will just wait and see when letter comes smile
  • Posted

Yes.  Add every little thing to your claim.  Under disability law several more minor things together can result in a valid claim even if individually they don't..   So tell them everything.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.